Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Great pics. I too hope to go there SOMEDAY...

Unfortunately, these flat, straight Florida roads can't really prepare me for that!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I hope to make a trip up there mid-July. Looks awsome

·
Registered
377 Posts
Where is Deal's gap? I go up to NC once a year with my family and I plan on bringing my bike next year. I was just gonna mess around with my friend near the ranch, but it would be cool to head over to Deals gap. The ranch is about 30 minutes west of Asheville, so about how far away is that?

Shit, I just checked for myself, I may have even been through there in a car headen to some hiking trails or whitewater.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Awesome pics!!! Thanks for sharing. I gotta get out there someday!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
great pics, thanks for sharing

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
Man my heart started beating fast looking at that. I've been working in lower Alabama all summer and haven't got to go to the mountains in about 6 weeks. After living in the foot hills of the Cherokee mountains for the past 4 years, I'm starting to go crazy. I can't stand seeing my back tire. I'll be there tomorrow though.

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
crx81 said:
Great pics. I too hope to go there SOMEDAY...

Unfortunately, these flat, straight Florida roads can't really prepare me for that!
After you ride in the mountains you will not want to ride for a couple of weeks when you get back down here to FL, total boredom. If you can ride the curves here you can ride up there, just watch it and don't over cook them curves, some of the drop offs you don't want to go over. But riding up there is so awesome. I ride better up there because the roads grip the tires and most of the curves are clean. I'm still not crazy about riding the curves here because there is sand everywhere.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
CBR600Lady said:
If you can ride the curves here you can ride up there,

The one thing I have ZERO experience with though is curves with changing elevations. Not sure what the proper term is for them, but I can picture a bunch of them back home in Pittsburgh. I'm sure that adds a whole new element.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I always see photos of the same places from everyone else that goes there but they never get old. Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Great pics. I will be heading in that direction probably in August/September, but I can't take the bike, so I won't head to the gap. :a2

StormHawk said:
The ranch is about 30 minutes west of Asheville
What are your opinions on Asheville? We have been pondering a possible move to the area in the coming years. Getting quite tired of Michigan weather/roads/weather! Grew up in TN and would love to head back down south.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts