Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off heres his tag no# FBW1011/PA So i'm ridding home from work on rt 30 in south central pa minding my own buss when a brown ford tempo pasess me and i got behind him to make an upcoming left when all of a sudden i here tires screaching loudly well its the car in front of me and he just slammed on his brakes about 40/50 feet in front of me so i jacked it up into a stoppie trying to avoid an accident witch i did barely.Now i back off a good bit and come up to a red light and just when i'm ready to hop off the bike and kill the guy he jumps out of the car and starts yelling at me saying that those biks don't belong on the road and "we sportbikers" don't ride respectfully and i should ride more like the guy behind me on a harly..I'm thinking what on earth did i do to this guy, absolutly nothing, so he jumps back in the car and we continue down the road.Well i got his plate # and was thinking the whole way home about what to do and the best thing i came up with is doing some damage to him or his car but he has not seen the last of me.Anyway i posted his plate # at the top could anyone help me find out where he lives.It's a good thing i have some experience and that i'v practiced emergency stopping if it was a nooby or somthing they would have most likely crashed.Thanx to anyone who can help...And let me say so theirs no confusion he did it on purpose he tried to hurt me there was no one in front of him and i did nothing to him maybe he had a bad day not sure but whatever the reason he wanted me to eat the back of his car...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Dude, I hope you werent tailgating him, I am assuming you were not. In any case, you should always assume a car is going to do something like that, whether for malice or not, and give them plenty of head room. Good fast thinking and response time on your part. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Who cares what he says. He is just an ass and probably isn't worth your time. Unless you run into him again on the road and shit starts up again I would just forget about it.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
bugeyed said:
Dude, I hope you werent tailgating him, I am assuming you were not. In any case, you should always assume a car is going to do something like that, whether for malice or not, and give them plenty of head room. Good fast thinking and response time on your part. Be safe out there.
He said he was 40 or 50 feet behind thats not tail gating. Pa is full of people like this.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Best thing to do is just report him to the police. You have his plate number and the make and model. A cager will always win when it comes to road rage incidents. Best keep your cool. It's really not worth getting into legal trouble or injured in a fight (or perhaps worse) over something really mundance like getting cut-off in traffic.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
mikem317 said:
Best thing to do is just report him to the police. You have his plate number and the make and model. A cager will always win when it comes to road rage incidents. Best keep your cool. It's really not worth getting into legal trouble or injured in a fight (or perhaps worse) over something really mundance like getting cut-off in traffic.
I agree with you completely about keeping your cool. However the police arent going to do anything. Sportbikers have no friends in law enforcement for the most part.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I mean what do you want to do? You avoided an accident, get over it. Sure maybe it was rude of him to yell at you, but take it in stride. People ALMOST get into accidents all the time. On bikes, in cages, everything. You successfully avoided an accident, you should be patting yourself on the back. And plus, IF you HAD ran into him, there was about a 99% chance that it would have been YOUR fault, no matter how hard he slammed on his brakes. The fact that you didn't just goes to show that you were indeed at the proper following distance and that is why they instruct you never to tailgate. Why are you posting his info up on a webboard asking SBNers to aid you in the committal of a criminal act? Get over it, it's not that serious.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Pa is full of people like this.
Yeah, it's amazing how common place road rage is up there. When I moved to Florida I was absolutely AMAZED at the stupid stuff people did on the road to other people without even getting a honk of the horn in return. I guess people are more laid back down here. Most road rage I've seen down here probably came from me! :lol
I'm pretty sure the new sign at the state line reads: WECOME TO PENNSYLVANIA: Home of potholes and roadrage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was that you I was on my way to York! Wait till I get my hands on you! LoL j/k.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
1. Be prepared to stop ALWAYS. I give cars ahead of me plenty of cushion just in case he/she pulls a panic stop.

2. If you want to commit a crime by damaging that mans car, find the information on your own. If you get arrested, no one wants to go down with the ship and its captain.

3. Techincally the driver did nothing wrong. He hit the brakes and you, being the good rider that you are, avoided an incident. Calling the police will get you nothing.

I deal with careless cagers every time I ride. 9 out of 10 times they will acknowledge their carelessness by throwing me a shaka or wave.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
suzysowner said:
Why are you posting his info up on a webboard asking SBNers to aid you in the committal of a criminal act? Get over it, it's not that serious.
Well I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but from the way the original poster put it he was riding harmlessly along and out of nowhere comes this cager who cuts him off and slams on the brakes deliberately putting his life in mortal danger. IF what the poster says is true, this is an unprovoked attack on someone who committed no crime other than riding a sportbike. And the slamming on the brakes in front of him is really not that much different than someone shooting a gun at him, he could have lost his life. I can understand his rage and frustration at this, I would feel the same way. And since cops arent going to do shit, he is doing the next best thing and that is appealing to other sportsbikers for help, or at least support. It's hard to "get over it" when you have just been assaulted with a lethal weapon.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
bugeyed said:
And the slamming on the brakes in front of him is really not that much different than someone shooting a gun at him, he could have lost his life......................It's hard to "get over it" when you have just been assaulted with a lethal weapon.
OMG you can't be serious? :lao The last time I checked, discharging a firearm at someone is illegal, (unless you are within your rights to do so). Slamming on the brakes for whatever reason is NOT inherently illegal unless his sole intention was to do the bike rider harm. This we do not know. By your reasoning we are the victims of attempted murder every time we ride.

And the its-my-blood wasn't "assaulted." He had a close encounter on the road just like many of us have. He needs to get over it.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
Juniper said:
The guy drives a Tempo. Chances are his life sucks enough already. Take comfort in that.

:beer :eek:nfloor

Man id be seriously pissed if that happened to me. If he wasn't a very big guy, I wouldve just ran at him. But oh well, you got his tags. If you want revenge, get his address (im sure DMV has some files or something) and go mess up his car.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Bomb300 said:
OMG you can't be serious? :lao The last time I checked, discharging a firearm at someone is illegal, (unless you are within your rights to do so). Slamming on the brakes for whatever reason is NOT inherently illegal unless his sole intention was to do the bike rider harm. This we do not know. By your reasoning we are the victims of attempted murder every time we ride.
The original poster stated that the slamming on the brakes by the cager was deliberately done. I don't know if this is true or not, nor do you. All I am saying that IF he what he says is true, then this is vehicular assault, which is indeed illegal, at least in my state. I am not taking any position on whether what happened is how he stated it happened, only that I can understand how he feels if someone did indeed assault him with their car. My only concern about this whole thing is that he should not have been close enough to the cager to have to brake hard enough to do a stoppie in the first place. But that doesnt excuse the actions of the cager, just because you don't like being tailgated does not give you a right to kill someone.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
its-my-blood said:
Well i got his plate # and was thinking the whole way home about what to do and the best thing i came up with is doing some damage to him or his car but he has not seen the last of me....
Had an asshat try to run my pregnant wife off the road, because she had the balls to honk at him when he rad a stop sign.. Got his plate #, called the cops, said they couldnt do anything, since no injury or property damage was done.. So it was up to me to "punish him".. Well, since he drove a NICE new $40k pickup truck, I figured that was the best way to get at him..

Automotive paint shops sell a chemical usually referred to as "chemical stripper". Decently cheap, and when it is applied to a painted surface, it will strip off the clearcoat, paint, and primer, instantly. I got a can of this, and randomly applied it to his truck in several areas.. An hour later, his perfect paint job was completely bubbled and peeling.. laughed all the way home..
That was 7 months ago, he still drives it like that.. Serves him right.

And go ahead and flame me.. He's lucky I didnt kill his ass for putting my wife and unborn son in danger.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Man, I can only commend you because he was sporting the stripper on his truck and not his face!

Wow... taking that sentence out of the context of your post kinda paints a different picture, doesn't it? :lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
bugeyed said:
Well I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but from the way the original poster put it he was riding harmlessly along and out of nowhere comes this cager who cuts him off and slams on the brakes deliberately putting his life in mortal danger. IF what the poster says is true, this is an unprovoked attack on someone who committed no crime other than riding a sportbike. And the slamming on the brakes in front of him is really not that much different than someone shooting a gun at him, he could have lost his life. I can understand his rage and frustration at this, I would feel the same way. And since cops arent going to do shit, he is doing the next best thing and that is appealing to other sportsbikers for help, or at least support. It's hard to "get over it" when you have just been assaulted with a lethal weapon.
thank you very much this is why i'm so pissed I belive he wanted to do harm for whatever reason and I want him bad..

·
Registered
71 Posts
For the record, in the original post, NEVER does he say the guy cut him off and tried to purposely crash him. He actually got up behind the other guy. Like you said, I wasn't there so don't really know, but still, I think you are being a bit immature and a bit ridiculous. If someone stopping quickly and NOT causing any damage or harm to anyone pisses you off...You have a LONG life of vandalism ahead of you. It happens while I'm on the road nearly every day.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts