Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently downed the bike, got some questions on the repairs, as I'm doing it myself.

I need a new tank, locks will be different right? It's a 2002 Honda CBR F4i, or are all lock cylinders for bike tanks the same? Key doesn't go all the way in.

When buying plastics online (www.ronayers.com) for example, they come painted and stickered right?

Anybody got a list of good parts sites for Hondas? I've been to ebay, CBRWorld.net, and ronayers.com.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you buy an OEM tank, you will need to specify the lock number if the cap is integral to the tank. If the cap assembly is separate, you buy it separately. On my bike, the cap is a separate part. Or you can buy a racing gas cap from someone like Vortex Racing and go keyless.

As to plastics, if you are buying OEM plastics, then yes, they come painted. Hence the price tag.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cap is seperate, but I've been looking at tanks on ebay, some come with caps, some don't.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Yeah, just swap caps if the one on your old tank isn't damaged. It's usually just a handful of allen bolts.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunely my cap is tweaked. I need to get a new cap. I was wondering if locks were universal from F4i tank to F4i tank, or if my actual key was the only key that couple pop it (like the ignition)?

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Since the tank and lock are integral (also the tank key is the ignition key), if you purchase tank and lock separately, you'll need to ensure a key comes with it. Same if you purchase a tank with a lock on it already. Just make sure there's a key, or take the lock out and get a key made at a locksmith.
In case you don't have a repair manual, here's a link:

Don't open the link; right-click it and hit "Save Target As."

http://f4i.psibersport.com/F4i Service manual.pdf

The manual is 104 MB large and 492 pages.

Good luck!

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for all the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts