Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody just wondering if you would like to add your name to the list and then send it to the link at the bottom. Thanks everybody..

SGT. Lovell

Roy and Missy Washburn <[email protected]> wrote: From: "Roy and Missy Washburn"
To:
CC: ,

Subject: Fw: Please read.
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:21:00 -0500

Subject: Please read.

Soldiers Wedding Night Ruined

On Saturday August 14, 2004 Kenny Lovell III and Michelle Lowman of Hamilton, Illinois were united in marriage. Kenny chose to wed his bride before being deployed to Iraq to serve our country. The wedding was beautiful. The fairy tale ceremony ended with the soldier and his bride riding off together in horse drawn carriage to the reception hall where all family and friends would celebrate their special day.

After the reception the couple would be off to their honeymoon suite at the Fairfield Inn Keokuk, Iowa. The room was a “spa” room that had been decorated earlier in the day by family and friends. It was covered with 8-dozen roses and candles galore, a true picture of romance.

But the fairy tale wedding ended when the soldier and his bride arrived at the hotel and were told that their room had been given away.

The picture perfect wedding’s final piece of the puzzle was given away, flowers, candles and all. The Soldier and his bride had nowhere to go. The Fairfield Inn of Keokuk, Iowa, a Marriott corporate hotel did not offer them another room, any alternatives, nothing. They were literally turned away in their wedding clothes.

The bridal party tried to retrieve the 8-dozen roses and candles, but the hotel wouldn’t allow it, they would have to wait till the next morning so the current customers of the honeymoon room would not be disturbed.

How nice it must of have been for those customers. Imagine, paying for a room to find it decorated. Apparently they enjoyed themselves as they used the candles.

As you read this e-mail, please think about this couple. This man is going to serve our country in Iraq within days. The wedding day, one of the most special days of this couple’s life, ruined because Fairfield Inn chose to give the decorated room away because the couple did not check in by 6 pm. (and there are a few other cheap excuses they have came up with to justify their decision, but that is the best one so far.)

What has Fairfield Inn done so far to redeem their injustice to this couple? They were allowed to retrieve the 8-dozen roses and the burnt candles.

I ask you to please add your name to this list and send this to everyone you know and forward this on to the Fairfield Inn Marriott. They will NOT get my business, unless they do something for this couple to right their wrong

You can contact them by:

Forwarding this message or your own to:

[email protected]

https://marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi

Fairfield Inn Keokuk

3404 Main Street

Keokuk, Iowa 52632

319-524-9000

Marriott Enterprises

1 Marriott Drive

Washington, D.C.

301-380-3000

In Honor of Kenny and Michelle Lovell III,

Roy Washburn 8/16/04

Melissa Washburn 8/16/04

Angel Johnson 8/16/04

Steve Thompson 8/16/04

Janet Johnson 8/16/04

Stephanie Gurba 16AUG04

SSG David Gurba 16Aug04

Anthony Gurba 16Aug04

Karen Jimenez 8/17/04

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sounds like a bad situation. Here is part of their policy that you may not be aware of.

What does it mean that by providing my credit card number I have a "confirmed/guaranteed" reservation?

This means that you can rest assured that upon arrival, a room will be provided. In those rare instances when you arrive at the hotel you've confirmed and a room is not available, Marriott will provide a room at a comparable hotel, pay for your first night's stay, transportation to that hotel, and a telephone call to inform others of your change of hotel.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Well how did the family get into the room to decorate it??? They would have had tohave gotten a key and to get a key you have to get the room. So somethings not adding up... But if this is how it really went down I would be willing to say that I would never stay at any Mariott hotel, EVER!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Casket Crew said:
Well how did the family get into the room to decorate it??? They would have had tohave gotten a key and to get a key you have to get the room. So somethings not adding up... But if this is how it really went down I would be willing to say that I would never stay at any Mariott hotel, EVER!

Yup..have to agree with you there. If the family was able to go in to decorate that means that they "checked in" to the room. So the room couldn't have been given away. Plus the family members should have had the key. Also why did they go to the front desk to check in if the family had the key?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
:bs Somethings not adding up right....someone has a vengence out for Marriot IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rascus said:
Yup..have to agree with you there. If the family was able to go in to decorate that means that they "checked in" to the room. So the room couldn't have been given away. Plus the family members should have had the key. Also why did they go to the front desk to check in if the family had the key?

Yes my family was allowed into the room by the lady at the front desk whos shift was over at 6:00 but she failed to inform the person working after her that she had already let people into the room therefore making that room booked. And as far as the other person who responded no I did not have a vendetta against Marriott but this has really pissed alot of people off who are involved in this big mess up and Yes I am pissed at them right now. Thanks to everybody who responded. Oh yeah the reason that we went to the front desk to get the key is because they turned it back in after they got done decorating it because it was a surprise...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
kenny_lovell said:
Yes my family was allowed into the room by the lady at the front desk whos shift was over at 6:00 but she failed to inform the person working after her that she had already let people into the room therefore making that room booked. And as far as the other person who responded no I did not have a vendetta against Marriott but this has really pissed alot of people off who are involved in this big mess up and Yes I am pissed at them right now. Thanks to everybody who responded. Oh yeah the reason that we went to the front desk to get the key is because they turned it back in after they got done decorating it because it was a surprise...
I'l have to give you the benefit of doubt it still sounds odd but I understand that the people working frontdesks at hotels aren't the brightest.

Ok im with that now! Yep you can add me to the list of never going to stay at a mariott ever (I don't think I ever have though) but I do travel a lot and stay at a lot of places so I'll just make a mental note to never stay there!

Sorry about doubiting the story it just didn't add up untill you explained it in a little more depth. I think a civil suit is in order at least for the cost of roses and all that stuff (has to be more then 200 dollors worth) You also might try one of those investagative reporting people on your local news stations...

edit;;;;

I just saw that you're brand new to this forum so I don't feel bad about saying that your first post sounds a little impersonal (read 3rd person) and leaves out many details and as you can see makes people very weary of the content.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Casket Crew said:
Ok im with that now! Yep you can add me to the list of never going to stay at a mariott ever (I don't think I ever have though) but I do travel a lot and stay at a lot of places so I'll just make a mental note to never stay there!

Sorry about doubiting the story it just didn't add up untill you explained it in a little more depth. I think a civil suit is in order at least for the cost of roses and all that stuff (has to be more then 200 dollors worth) You also might try one of those investagative reporting people on your local news stations...
We have got alot of stuff going on with them right now and they are playing games That is why I put it up on here and also on Stuntlife.com And Starboyz Websites. The more people giving them heck the better they will start taking care of other guests and future guests.

·
Registered
765 Posts
An hour later and still no response from the thread originator. :confused: :idea :needpics ...since 'the room was a picture of romance'. I wanna see the purties! :D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
kenny_lovell said:
Riddle me this Batman....

So did you have a room reserved? And why did the lady at the front desk give a key to family and then make them return it? Surprise you? If her shift was over and you had the room booked and they even gave your family a registered key from the coded computer after regular check in time but yet they supposedly still gave away your room? Why would a desk clerk give away a room key without a check in or a regular reservation booked for that room? Why didn't your family keep the key to give to you? Ultimately I would blame the clerk and not Marriot. I'm not trying to give you a hard time but sounds like BS to me. This "letter" is even written in 3rd person, not by yourself so why are you passing it along as is? I have stayed at Marriots in the past and they are a very upstanding strong chain that would have accomodated you in everyway possible for such an unbelievable mistake. How come you are trying to pass on a BS e-mail tab instead of going to the source being Marriot?? How did you stumble accross all of these motorcycle forums? Ride a bike?

·
Registered
765 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
Ride a bike?
kenny_lovell
SBN Rookie

Biography:
I ride horses and Motorcycles
Interests:
Like to ride horses
Pait booth for Iowa Army National Guard
Sportbike:
1992 Honda CBR600F2
Zip Code:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Yeah getting a clerk to hand over a key without a reservation or funds exchanging hands sounds fishy. And why wasn't the room reserved with a Credit Card?
If this really happened then restitution should be given to this couple. maybe if you called your local TV News troubleshooter they would step in. Then you can post the link and we'll all believe you.

·
What are you looking at?
64 Posts
I agree that this sounds like BS. I would imagine that if a family went through enough trouble to decorate a room with 8 dozen roses and candles, then they could assure that the room was reserved. I've stayed at many hotels and motels, and all major chains will hold a room the entire night if it's reserved with a credit card, and that's is the only way a room *can* be reserved. Even if this story is true, the fault would lay with the staff and the owner of that particular site. It could be a franchise, and not owned by Marriott corporate.

My vote: :bs

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Either BS or someone must have thrown such a fit when they came back to the hotel that mgt had to tell them to leave without taking care of them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ZeuSeason said:
Riddle me this Batman....

So did you have a room reserved? And why did the lady at the front desk give a key to family and then make them return it? Surprise you? If her shift was over and you had the room booked and they even gave your family a registered key from the coded computer after regular check in time but yet they supposedly still gave away your room? Why would a desk clerk give away a room key without a check in or a regular reservation booked for that room? Why didn't your family keep the key to give to you? Ultimately I would blame the clerk and not Marriot. I'm not trying to give you a hard time but sounds like BS to me. This "letter" is even written in 3rd person, not by yourself so why are you passing it along as is? I have stayed at Marriots in the past and they are a very upstanding strong chain that would have accomodated you in everyway possible for such an unbelievable mistake. How come you are trying to pass on a BS e-mail tab instead of going to the source being Marriot?? How did you stumble accross all of these motorcycle forums? Ride a bike?

Riddle me this Robin!!

Read a litle bettter than what you are. The person that wrote this is my bestman;s brother in law who was there all night with us and he even dealt with the Fairfield inn after we left because they said they couldnt help us. Yes I did have the room reserved But as the letter said the best excuse that they can give us for the room being given away was because we had not confirmed it by 6:00 that we still wanted the room.. No Shit Marriott's are nice hotel's that was why so many people are pissed about this. Yes it probably is a franchise but dont you know anything They still have to answer to Marriott because Marriott has trusted them with their name. We have already gone to Marriott. How did I stumble across these motorcycle forums well lets see Maybe it is because I own a motorcycle and have since I was old enough to ride be it Dirt Bike or street bike. So let me guess you Work for Marriott... Either that or you are one of the many guys who sit on the internet and try to start stuff with everybody who gets on the site that you actually stumbled across....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Baldman said:
An hour later and still no response from the thread originator. :confused: :idea :needpics ...since 'the room was a picture of romance'. I wanna see the purties! :D

Where were you looking at. I responded about 10 Min before you put this in the thread. I have heard that the room was looking good but they did not take any pictures but If you want I can get pictures of the roses that the couple who did stay there took out of the vases and the candles that they also used....

·
Registered
765 Posts
kenny_lovell said:
Where were you looking at. I responded about 10 Min before you put this in the thread. I have heard that the room was looking good but they did not take any pictures but If you want I can get pictures of the roses that the couple who did stay there took out of the vases and the candles that they also used....
Yeah, after I posted it my page refreshed and there was your post. *sigh* Guess my puter was slacking on me. :(

:a2 I wanted to see the decorated room. None of the family took a picture of it after they spent so much time decorating? :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Baldman said:
Yeah, after I posted it my page refreshed and there was your post. *sigh* Guess my puter was slacking on me. :(

:a2 I wanted to see the decorated room. None of the family took a picture of it after they spent so much time decorating? :eek:

No they didnt. They all said that they forgot to grab their cameras. Trust me I asked everybody trying to find pictures and they all said that they should have remembered especially after we didnt even get to see the room.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
kenny_lovell said:
Riddle me this Robin!!

Read a litle bettter than what you are. The person that wrote this is my bestman;s brother in law who was there all night with us and he even dealt with the Fairfield inn after we left because they said they couldnt help us. Yes I did have the room reserved But as the letter said the best excuse that they can give us for the room being given away was because we had not confirmed it by 6:00 that we still wanted the room.. No Shit Marriott's are nice hotel's that was why so many people are pissed about this. Yes it probably is a franchise but dont you know anything They still have to answer to Marriott because Marriott has trusted them with their name. We have already gone to Marriott. How did I stumble across these motorcycle forums well lets see Maybe it is because I own a motorcycle and have since I was old enough to ride be it Dirt Bike or street bike. So let me guess you Work for Marriott... Either that or you are one of the many guys who sit on the internet and try to start stuff with everybody who gets on the site that you actually stumbled across....
I find it funny that your first post on a MOTORCYCLE forum was a Bullshit e-mail chain letter that gets sent out everyday by people who want to start shit....does it take one to know one? I guess it does. Only a fool would believe your fictitious story.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts