Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
500 miles? well, you've certainly out grown it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
:lol

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
At this rate you should be ready for the Liter bikes in say...what..another month....

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I personally am just busting your chops man. Good luck on your 750. For real. I just don't think 500 miles on the 500 is enough to step up to the 750. You aren't even out of the break in period so I know you haven't really even hit the powerband on the bike.
After your extensive days of experience on the ex500, you might have become that above average rider that can take a big step like that but you are going to hear from a lot of people on this site about your idea. Stay safe.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Haha, cool? I've only got 1300 miles on my EX500, and although i WANT a b***** bike, i think i'm gonna have to stick it out just a little longer.

·
Registered
426 Posts
lol, I don't ride to much and I put that on my bike in the first month. Really you should keep that thing for about a year atleast. I'm still learning a thing or two on my 250, and I only have 2,500 miles on it. I thought I was bad wanting a 600 when I hit about 3,000-500 miles on it.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
seppuku said:
lol, I don't ride to much and I put that on my bike in the first month. Really you should keep that thing for about a year atleast. I'm still learning a thing or two on my 250, and I only have 2,500 miles on it. I thought I was bad wanting a 600 when I hit about 3,000-500 miles on it.

Yeah, I stepped up after 6 mos. / 6,000 miles, and I thought that was probably kinda soon. 500 miles ain't nothin'... 2 weeks of riding for me. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Na...the bike was a 1990 all broken in already. I seriously was feeling like I was taking the bike all out. I'm a pretty big guy though so maybe that's why. Every ride through the twisties I was scrapin the pegs. I opened the bike up plenty of times but I never again got that rush when I first started riding. Maybe I'm kidding myself and still need more time learning the basics and if that's the case then I sure as hell won't be stupid and continue on the 750. The only reason I'm getting the 750 is because it was offered as a trade for my car that i've been trying to get rid of for over 5 months. Pretty desperate...

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Ozzman said:
Na...the bike was a 1990 all broken in already. I seriously was feeling like I was taking the bike all out. I'm a pretty big guy though so maybe that's why. Every ride through the twisties I was scrapin the pegs..
Learning to ride a bike is one thing. Dealing with traffic and emergencies is the other and by no means in 500 miles have you learned to control yourself in urgent situations and dealing with traffic. The 500 is MUCH more forgiving to errors than the 750. . .You might find that out sooner than later.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
netboog said:
Learning to ride a bike is one thing. Dealing with traffic and emergencies is the other and by no means in 500 miles have you learned to control yourself in urgent situations and dealing with traffic. The 500 is MUCH more forgiving to errors than the 750. . .You might find that out sooner than later.
very true. well I'll give it a shot. if I scare the crap outta me, I still got the 1300 bucks from the ex500 sitting here ready to buy another one if necessary.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
kazlab67 said:
At this rate you should be ready for the Liter bikes in say...what..another month....
And then a Tubo-Hayabusa in 3 months or 1,300 (which ever comes first). :bitchslap

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2001FZ1 said:
And then a Tubo-Hayabusa in 3 months or 1,300 (which ever comes first). :bitchslap
I have that ordered already. Schedule to be here in two weeks. I need to go buy some sun glasses and flip flops first though...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ozzman said:
very true. well I'll give it a shot. if I scare the crap outta me, I still got the 1300 bucks from the ex500 sitting here ready to buy another one if necessary.
It's entirely possible your family will end up using that 1300 to help pay for your funeral.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts