Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!

I am looking to SELL My SV650. I like the motor but the riding position and lack of windscreen is finally wearing on me, and I want something a little more comfortable for the wife when she sits on. I am also feeling like an adventure bike is more my style... BIKE IS SOLD! as a selling price.

So here is the specs on the bike:

2006 SV650 N (no fairings)
I am the second owner
Condition: Good (Small scratches on gas tank from previous owners tankbag, only paint deep)
14,500 well maintained miles
ZX14 rear shock installed and tuned for 200 lb. rider
Gel Battery installed
Performance Regulator installed (stock one died with the OEM battery)
Delkevic Muffler installed (unbaffled)
Fender eliminator installed
New Thermostat and coolant as of last summer.
Newer Metzler M5's on (less than 1,500 miles) with the rear only slightly flatspotted from some highway riding last month.

No major damage of note, bike has been run on Rotella T6 Synthetic since mile 7,000 (when I purchased bike) and has had regular maintenance by myself. Chain is original however still seems in good condition and is always lubed with Yamaha Road Lube before each ride. Bike has not seen rain in my possession and there is no rust anywhere.

I am located in Northeast Pennsylvania. If interested, please PM me and ask any additional questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I can also send you my Cell # or email if you wish for more up to date pictures (these are from last year).

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So, Want to update this with some info.

1.) I have decided to just sell the bike outright instead of dealing with a trade. As Such, I have lowered the price a little to $3,250 OBO

2.) I took pics today as I was giving her a clean up. Unfortunately I broke the tip to my Honda Polish and could not finish the clean, and I would have gone out and bought more but it is going to rain shortly and I wanted to get some good up to date pictures for you guys.

3.) If 56k still does exist in this world, it will explode like a Supernova or an overheated Suzuki 650 motor full bore and with violent throttle chop :) Enjoy pics!

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust/ Fender Eliminator (Note: Registration was renewed Thursday, sticker is in the mail)

Side rear profile shot

ZX14 Shock and Chain shots

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fender Eliminator Side Shot:

Performance Regulator (CBR1000RR Regulator I believe; can't remember brand off top of my head, I want to say it was JK's Hot something...)

Dash/Mileage for you guys:

Attempt to show Condition of paint/Clearcoat (Sun went away before I could get better shot)

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the spirit of full disclosure, here are the 2 noticeable imperfections:

Clearcoat scratches (From original owner's tank bag; only seems clearcoat deep)

Vinyl Break (Rest of vinly seems soft/pliable, only this section got a little brittle. Me thinks gas or something got on it and I never realized. Such a shame too.)

FINALLY, VIDEO OF COLD START! (And sexy Delkevic Exhaust)
VID_20130525_122312.mp4 Video by scubaruimpreza05 | Photobucket

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump; Bike still for sale and I need ot gone asap as I am picking up the new bike tomorrow morning!

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, so yesterday I went out of town and was worried a thunderstorm would come. Since the Shed I kept my SV in is now occupied by a DL, the SV has been covered on my back patio under an arch and umbrella, but I didn't want to take a chance. So much to my wife's chagrin....it currently resides in the kitchen :lol:

PS - It gets new brake fluid today in front and rear, and chain is adjusted as well.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump, price reduction: 3,250 OBO.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I hear good things about those. I got rid of my Nighthawk for the same issues, getting beat up by the wind blast. Of course, the Fireblade is way less comfortable, but lots zingier. They made fairings and windshields that fit on the SV650's though. I'd do that before I bought one of those pug-ugly adventure bikes. I'd sooner buy a cruiser than one of those monstrosities.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear good things about those. I got rid of my Nighthawk for the same issues, getting beat up by the wind blast. Of course, the Fireblade is way less comfortable, but lots zingier. They made fairings and windshields that fit on the SV650's though. I'd do that before I bought one of those pug-ugly adventure bikes. I'd sooner buy a cruiser than one of those monstrosities.
Well too late :lgh2

BUMP! Still available

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bike is sold!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.