Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOLD!

This bike was bought without a title. (Theft recovery that was inspected and new VIN stamped by DMV, but previous owner lost the title and would not put the effort into getting a new one) I am listing it for the current owner since it is located in my garage.

Basically stock with the exception of the track bodywork and Two Brothers slip on. Bodywork is Motofairings painted by Trading Paint. The bike was run for a half day at Road Atlanta on a damp track in A group by me, and a full day in B group at slower than 2 minute pace. Tires are Q2's with just this limited track time on them. The owner was taken out by another rider in T4 at North which cracked the fairings on the left side some and bent the left rearset. I straightened the rearset out and repaired the shift lever as well. The oil system has been safety wired.

Asking $1800, which is my way of saying "talk me down to $1600!"....

This is a turn key ready to ride bike that needs nothing to pass tech and go have fun!

·
The legend of FONK.
7 Posts
Guess what...this bike has similar issues to the other one but even more complicated. Your "friend" who supposedly is the owner of record with the State, should apply for a bonded title. Not cheap, and takes several months to execute. Of course they can be sold as track bikes or for parts on a bill of sale but that's between you and the next owner.

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything constructive to say Joe in Asheville?

Ever looked at track bikes? Many of them are sold without titles. Many titles are simply lost in transfer of ownership since no one wants to deal with paying to transfer the title on something that will not be ridden on the street. I myself have a CBR in my garage that has full sales transfer documentation AND title, but I cannot title it simply because it will not pass sate inspection because it is a track bike and has no lights.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then keep your keyboard locked please.

Oh, btw..... SOLD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.