Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been riding sence spring without a lisence :nerd ...Ive been pulled over many a times and just talked about the bike lol but anyways ..Question is ...I need to get my permit. Before i waste hours in line what all do i need to bring to get the permit and how hards that test ?! Thanks -Devin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Here in MA I just walked in and said I wanted to take the test, simple as that. My GF passed it without reading any material whatsoever... pretty common sense questions here at least. The only M/C related question I can remember is what certification the helmet must have listed on the backside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
MSF. Yeah, I know, you're not a beginner. Take it anyway.



I teach in Tennessee, but middle and west, not east. Good luck.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
freeride said:
MSF. Yeah, I know, you're not a beginner. Take it anyway.



I teach in Tennessee, but middle and west, not east. Good luck.

Cool Man id love to go but thats a long ride ...Yeah I recently just took my first peg scrape few days ago!! I couldnt stay off the bike after that. But before i got to confident I told myself I sucked ass and slowed down :leghump
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
DEVIN22CBR said:
Cool Man id love to go but thats a long ride ...Yeah I recently just took my first peg scrape few days ago!! I couldnt stay off the bike after that. But before i got to confident I told myself I sucked ass and slowed down :leghump
Ha. Do you think I'm the only MSF Instructor in Tennessee? Ask your local dealership. There should be plenty of choices in your area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Read my signature!

AND get your ass to the dmv for the permit ASAP!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Hum, Here is PA you just go to any Title place

and they can give you a bike permit right away. No test nothing involed takes about 15 mins. just need a Auto Lisence.
 

·
Suzuki 3000GT
Joined
·
2,107 Posts
I read that you can't be over 18 and receive a permit for motorcycles in TN...
 

·
old member
Joined
·
13,079 Posts
DEVIN22CBR said:
Ive been riding sence spring without a lisence :nerd ...Ive been pulled over many a times and just talked about the bike lol but anyways ..Question is ...I need to get my permit. Before i waste hours in line what all do i need to bring to get the permit and how hards that test ?! Thanks -Devin
Just for grins, why have you been pulled over many times?

Look at your state's dmv web site for the bike permit requirements. Assuming you already have a license, it can't be too bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
joberly said:
Here in MA I just walked in and said I wanted to take the test, simple as that. My GF passed it without reading any material whatsoever... pretty common sense questions here at least. The only M/C related question I can remember is what certification the helmet must have listed on the backside.
Yup, very easy. Its all common sense questions like:

What should you wear for foot protection;
A nothing, you dont need it
B sandals
C Tennis shoes
D Over the ankle boots
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RayOSV said:
Just for grins, why have you been pulled over many times?

Look at your state's dmv web site for the bike permit requirements. Assuming you already have a license, it can't be too bad.

Mainly just stopped me at stop signs and asked what kind of bike it is lol. I actually took my helment off and pulled oevr to a parking lot one time to have a 5 min talk with him lol. Pretty cool cops here
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top