Sport Bikes banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Are you for real about cutting a pink wire???
Or rather than the first 2 gears being retarded,
would one be RETARDED by cutting the wire?..LOL :zzombie
Here is some info on the pink wire, do some Google searches for more:
The pink wire connected to the ignition box of some of the later 900 bikes retards the ignition timing in the lower 3 gears to make the bike more user friendly, limiting the ability to spin up the rear wheel out of corners, and reduced wheelie tendencies. Disconnecting this pink wire disables this feature. The factory service manual shows this wire has no connection. On the left side of the motorcycle, behind the front sprocket cover, there is a neutral switch. If there is a single Blue wire coming out of it, then your bike does NOT have an ignition retard in the lower gears. If there is a 2nd Pink wire coming out of this sensor, then you do have an ignition retard in the lower gears.
The previous owner of my bike already disconnected the pink wire so I didn't have to fool with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Fearnight
I have not been on this site in a while, but now I've seen your reply. I looked at the original motor that I took off the bike behind the front gear. I saw one wire and it was black. I will look at the motor on the bike now. It's either a 94 or 95 not real sure . I picked it up on ebay about three yours ago for $500. Not riding the RF9 much, I've been on the Goldwing. I have had it down the track once sence my last post. I got 9 runs in that night on test and tune. Best time was 12.50. Once I get my start together I think I'll be alright. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Just recently got a 95 RF600, for $500. Runs real good. 17000 miles. Needs some cosmetics though. Any advice on parts? Also saw that airtech link. Anyone ever put those parts on? If so how much trouble was it, and is the tail section only designed for solo seat?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, not trying to poach SBN members but I am sure this world is large enough for more than one forum so all you 'riffers' out there, come and join us at RF OWNERS CLUB • Index page and find fellow riffers from your part of the world as we have a good few North American friends

I set up the forum in AUgust 2008 and we now have 329 active members

Activation will have to be approved, this will be done by Bradlad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys just bought a 96RF900R off my buddy. Has a yoshi exhaust. Stock purple and yellow. Gonna do K&N filter. Stage 1 jet kit. Any other easy bolt on mods? Whats the deal with this pink wire i keep reading about cutting? Is that for us bikes or only over seas? Anyways from upstate NY just looking to get some info on this bike. Way nicer then my Katana was!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts