Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Carbs aren't bad at all, especially if they are Mikunis. Getting the screws out is the worst part. Does the RF have side draft, or down draft carbs ? If it's down draft, the emulsion tubes may be getting "egged" out, and letting gas slip by the needle. Get you a manual, take a saturday and pull them off. Clean them throughly with carb cleaner, using the can's straw to blow out all the holes. reassemble, check float height, then put the carbs back on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
Carbs aren't bad at all, especially if they are Mikunis. Getting the screws out is the worst part. Does the RF have side draft, or down draft carbs ? If it's down draft, the emulsion tubes may be getting "egged" out, and letting gas slip by the needle. Get you a manual, take a saturday and pull them off. Clean them throughly with carb cleaner, using the can's straw to blow out all the holes. reassemble, check float height, then put the carbs back on.
What do you mean by side draft or down draft?

·
Registered
22 Posts
No you're not the only RF600 rider, I know my name is exup cos thats the nickname I was stuck with but hey.. hello everyone..
Getting the carbs sorted on the RF will make a big difference, made the bike smoothest since I owned it (just over a year)..Pity the fairing bolts keep coming out..
As this is the best place to ask I read about an RF600 that was customized with reintegrated indicators... Do you have any info on these by any chance..

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a small collection of rf900r's forsale near me. they are asking $4300 for them. each have under 15,000 miles and have pipes and little stuff. i was gonna offer 3 grand if i can find a potenial buyer of mine. 900cc sounds so nice. oh btw they have 3 rf's stll forsale. 2 teal, 1 darker red then my 600r.
they were on ebay a month ago or so. wish i could afford one. :mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
The RF900 was even more underrated than the 600... At the time it could out drag the current GSX1100 which took some doing.. If I had the option I would have the 900 over the 600 but Im happy with my red 'un.....
just fed up with the mechanics round here that ripped me off to get it through it's MOT and charged me £295 and when I got it back I realised that it still shouldn't have passsed cos the head bearings were still knackered grrrrr...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 1996 rf600r, just need a couple parts to get it on the road.
Anybody have a spare alternator or choke cable laying around they want to sell? Does anyone know if the alternators from a katana or gsx will work on this bike?
Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congratulations on the purchase rfDaNr you'll love the bike. Sorry I can't help you much on the parts I didn't own mine long enough to find a good place to buy parts. Maybe someone else on here can help you though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've got a black '94 RF900 which I bought brand new in California.....as far as external mods, I've got a lite smoke Zero Gravity windscreen, flushmount front turn signals, removed the rear turnsignal stalks, and modified the rear brake lights as running/turnsignal lights, and then modified the rear running light as my brakelight. I've also installed two rocker switches on the left panel just below the "glovebox" to turn the headlight and running lights on and off.

Frank

1 - 20 of 69 Posts