Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any of you guys doing any trackdays to prep for the season? I'm heading down to VIR the second weekend in April for a couple days to get back into the swing of things before the first race weekend at Loudon April 28-29.... can't wait.

'07 is gonna be awesome. This will be my second year racing, gonna be Amateur all or at least most of it (LRRS has 3 classes, novice, amateur & expert despite being CCS due to the number of people that participate) and I've actually got a chance at a championship in the Production Twins class. Gonna be exciting :D I'm also hoping for a top 5 in the points in Lightweight Sportsman. GTL and Ultralight Superbike are both for fun & track time.

So how bout the rest of you? When do you guys get back on the track? Hopes? Goals?

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
I"m actually going to cut down my racing this year and concentrate more on track days. I really enjoy both of them, but except for close passing (which I adore), I really enjoy track days more. My first track day is 3/17-3/18 providing I can fit in my leathers (currently on a diet)

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where's the first track day gonna be? Any other tracks ya gonna be hittin up?

I'm gonna be doing a ton of td's at NHIS workin for Tony's Track Days as a control rider but I'd like to make it to a couple other circuits. VIR is becoming a pre-season "habbit", this being my 3rd year in a row going to a Cornerspeed Track Day event... and my teammates & I are hoping to add a 6hr endurance race at Summit Point to our resumes :D

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
I'm racing at Daytona in about a week and a half at the CCS races (March / 2 - 4 / 2007), I might do the Team Hammer practice day on Thursday March 1 as well? I didn't pre-enter (which would have meant a good grid position) because I don't have any goals for the event other than having some fun and getting back on my bike, so there's no reason for me to start up toward the front and get in the way of the guys who have something to prove.

I just hope we have good weather, I'm not too interested in spending a whole bunch of money to ride around in the rain on DOT's! :)

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
OreoGaborio said:
Where's the first track day gonna be? Any other tracks ya gonna be hittin up?

I'm gonna be doing a ton of td's at NHIS workin for Tony's Track Days as a control rider but I'd like to make it to a couple other circuits. VIR is becoming a pre-season "habbit", this being my 3rd year in a row going to a Cornerspeed Track Day event... and my teammates & I are hoping to add a 6hr endurance race at Summit Point to our resumes :D

my first track day this year is at Hallett in Oklahoma. Pretty technical track, they have been working on re-do portions of it for the last 6-8 months, so it should be better. Even with the pavement in less than optimal condition, it was pretty fun. Hopefully, I will be racing at Topeka (Heartland Park), may pull a couple of days at Mid America Motorplex, and I'm going to try and hit Motorsports Park Hastings as well.

I'm also going to try and get to Jennings once this year as well as Arroyo Seca

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
GSXR RACER MIKE said:
I'm racing at Daytona in about a week and a half at the CCS races (March / 2 - 4 / 2007), I might do the Team Hammer practice day on Thursday March 1 as well? I didn't pre-enter (which would have meant a good grid position) because I don't have any goals for the event other than having some fun and getting back on my bike, so there's no reason for me to start up toward the front and get in the way of the guys who have something to prove.

I just hope we have good weather, I'm not too interested in spending a whole bunch of money to ride around in the rain on DOT's! :)
Come on Mike, DOT's in the rain??? heheh, be just like BHF a couple of years ago. Remember Mother day weekend? :D

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Our season starts in 3 weeks. About a week ago we tested a different brand of tire. Bike is now set-up, rider isn't.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
nice dude, nice. Hittin up the track at any point before then to shake off the rust? There's a Tony's Track Day on April 24th that I'll probably be at.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
OreoGaborio said:
nice dude, nice. Hittin up the track at any point before then to shake off the rust? There's a Tony's Track Day on April 24th that I'll probably be at.

Haven't decided yet, may just show up and race w/out it depending on my work schedule. What # are you again? I'm #214 Amateur on a blue/white SV

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice dude. A whole bunch of us from New England were trying to get into the 3/24-25 date w/ Cornerspeed, but we ended up getting 4/8-9 instead.

·
needs another beer
2,885 Posts
gonna have my first race coming up in march at arroyo seco. i'm pretty excited, i've done 5 track days there now, the direction we are going i'm definitly more comfortable with. i'm just gonna try and learn as much as i can, i'm not in any position or skill level to win races, but i'm sure gonna have a helluva good time.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice, bro, nice.

I'll see ya on the starting grid & some of the first lap... or two if I'm lucky. :D I was doin consistant 25's by the end of last year, dipped into the 24's once. Obviously hoping to improve in '07

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I am heading to Jennings for a little play time the 3/11. My season already started but I had to miss the first race:

Mid-Central

2/10-11 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-cc,rs,
4/7-8 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-c,rs,
4/28-29 Nashville Superspeedway, Nashville, TN-rs,
6/16-17 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-cc,rs,
6/28-7/1 Cycle Jam at Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA-
9/15-16 Nashville Superspeedway, Nashville, TN-rs,
9/22-23 Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, AL-rs,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts