Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my employee discount went in to effect yesterday, and so far all i purchased w/ the discount was a water...so on $8.00/hr (24 hrs a week) + another shitty job with only six hours a week. what would you buy with the discount...keep in mind with the best buy card I only get 6 months with no interest. and to answer the question before it is asked, the discount depends on the product.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
nice stereo system. i see that im not the only night owl in az:)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If you don't have one already get a mp3 you can use on your bike to make long rides more enjoyable.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
wont get shit on plasma... i worked at best buy back when th service plans were almost free.... I bought--- 3 tv's, pioneer 5.1 receiver, yamaha speakers (the highest ones we carried, not great but decent), dvd player, computer... other bits and pieces for my friends as well

if i worked there again, i would def set up my home theatre again, stereo eqip gets the biggest discount, well and car audio

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Camcorder...Digital Camera...Another External Hard Drive...Home stereo...I Pod:

This list could go on & on.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
50in Sony WEGA TV. If not that a Yamaha Surround sound system.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I worked there for a year in change back when I was a Freshman. I remember that anything audio and video had some steep discounts. Monster Cable and other a/v accessories were definitely cheap too!

Dump that place, they just treat you like a number.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
plasma tv or a new computer

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Making $8.00/hour? Nothing unless you have absolutely NO bills you pay. By the time you use that card and the 6 months is up, they will rape you w/interest.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was there for 4 years. The discount is great on accessories on just about anything.
I was a car audio installer, so if you need car stereo stuff jump on it. Computers are crappy-to decent, depending on what you buy. I build my own comps so I just buy components, and the discount is pretty decent there. TV's depend on what you are looking at, but home audio electronics and speakers are usually pretty good.

BTW the discount is cost +5% across the board.

I agree screw the card unless you like 24% interest and I wouldn't plan on a long term career there unless you like kissing ass. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
mikem317 said:
I worked there for a year in change back when I was a Freshman. I remember that anything audio and video had some steep discounts. Monster Cable and other a/v accessories were definitely cheap too!

Dump that place, they just treat you like a number.

+1

I worked for them as a car stereo installer, started @ $9.50, had to work shitty hours, worked alone most of the time even though I wasn't technically MECP certified, trained a bunch of the noob installers (I had 8 years experience in the automotive field at the time), I would run circles around half the employees there. I would do 10-12 head units, 2-4 speaker set installs, and 2 amp installs in an 8 hour day (they made roughly $1,200 PER DAY off me), after 6 months they fired me- out of roughly 1,728 installs I had 3 comebacks (one person cranked up the gain on their amp and fried the sub, 2 alarms had faulty shock sensors) and 5 damage reports (average $60.00 repair)- Plastic interiors tend to get brittle after 5 years in the FL sun-.

Come to find out a year after I left that the REAL REASON I was fired was because I refused to work on the District manager's Satellite reciever (she poured Coke in it) before I finished working on the CUSTOMERS who MADE APPOINTMENTS A WEEK IN ADVANCE! The DM was a bitch anyway.

Also, whatever you do, don't forget to take your MANDATORY 15 minute break (if state law requires it), they will threaten to FIRE YOU for NOT TAKING A BREAK!

Corporate bullshit!

They're only worried about making the $180K-$250K daily quota.

/rant

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
00600 said:
Come to find out a year after I left that the REAL REASON I was fired was because I refused to work on the District manager's Satellite reciever (she poured Coke in it) before I finished working on the CUSTOMERS who MADE APPOINTMENTS A WEEK IN ADVANCE! The DM was a bitch anyway.

Also, whatever you do, don't forget to take your MANDATORY 15 minute break (if state law requires it), they will threaten to FIRE YOU for NOT TAKING A BREAK!

Corporate bullshit!

They're only worried about making the $180K-$250K daily quota.

/rant
Yup, as a business student, I can tell you that places like Best Buy are doing it completely wrong. Maybe when you reach a certain level in business size, you start to lose focus of your most valuable assets, your people.

Every manager in the stores doesn't have a business degree, I'd say 90% of them just have a high school diploma/GED. That's okay, but wouldn't you want somebody with formal schooling to run your business?

Best Buy :pisson

·
Registered
833 Posts
I need an optical cable to connect my cable tuner to my amp, or so my audiophile brother tells me. I have a pioneer plasma but don't have surround sound when watching cable. shrug.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
today i found out that its not the best place to work i guess. two days ago i had a $6,000 sale and apparently since i did that i need to do it everyday...oh well though im just going to keep doing what im doing. I started june 1st and was gone 10 days on vaction and ive already sold like $20,000+ and thats with only 25 hours a week. i think im going to forget the big screen for awhile til i save more money, may just buy an LCD for my office instead.

·
Registered
430 Posts
here is the thing, Best Buy will treat you like a #, as has already been mentioned. This makes your life easier though, if you just do enough to get by, if you excel, all it gets you is more work, in a small buisness, doing your best gets you noticed, in a huge corporate world, doing your best, just gets you more, because the managers look good, and then they expect that all the time, so, do the minimum needed to get by, keep an eye out for a better job, and take advantage of them any chance you get. Otherwise, get used to sucking the corporate cock.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Rascus said:
50in Sony WEGA TV. If not that a Yamaha Surround sound system.
Agreed... though cost would be a huge issue. I bought the 23" WEGA tv last week and it is absolutely wonderful... by far the best picture I've seen in a smaller (relatively speaking) tv, but... that prick was expensive -

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so i made my first real purchase....17" LG LCD flat panel. so far im satisfied but i definatley need hi def for sure.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts