Sport Bikes banner

So what happened here ?

2K views 42 replies 36 participants last post by  jk750 
#1 ·
Short vid, quite boring until near the end...German bloke on a ZZR600 ....

http://capotv.com/clips/10_motorrad_unfall_full.wmv

...so why did it happen, I reckon his rear tire pressure was just way way too low and when he changed down and wound the throttle a bit .....

:2eek

#7 ·
yeah, i think he slammed the rear brake, or downshifted wrong causing the rear to lock up

#17 ·
FloridaMike said:
check out rear tire at the 1:06 or 1:07 mark... thats either a shadow, or a tire with extremely low air.....
I agree with you Mike, very low rear tire pressure or a puncture, rear brake wouldn't cause that weaving, and neither would 'target fixation', but he was lucky not to go over that bridge parapet. :2eek

#18 · (Edited)
bomma said:
I agree with you Mike, very low rear tire pressure or a puncture, rear brake wouldn't cause that weaving, and neither would 'target fixation', but he was lucky not to go over that bridge parapet. :2eek
U guys are wrong, tires looked fine. I believe i saw what happened. The guy cant use his clutch for shit. Before he pulled off u can see him Probably downshift all he did was pull it in and then he dumped the clutch. It appears that right before the rear wheel wobbled he shifted up and dumped the clutch and then traction grabbed. Look at it, he almost highsided which is caused by the sudden grab in traction.

BTW, i wasnt expecting that wall either. OUCH! At least he didnt swerve over in front of the van. That crash was hot to watch though.

#20 ·
That is a ZX-11D. I used to own one. SO the video is a few years old. The camera work is much to advanced to be a home video. It was some kind of promotional video for sure.
As for what caused it, speaking from experience..That bike has more than enough power to break the rear tire loose witht the throttle. If you notice, it looks as if he is beginning to accelerate away from the camera just before it wobbles. I say that he grabbed a handfull of throttle, broke the rear end lose and couldn't get it back under control before hitting the wall.

#21 ·
zx11_12 said:
That is a ZX-11D. I used to own one. SO the video is a few years old. The camera work is much to advanced to be a home video. It was some kind of promotional video for sure.
As for what caused it, speaking from experience..That bike has more than enough power to break the rear tire loose witht the throttle. If you notice, it looks as if he is beginning to accelerate away from the camera just before it wobbles. I say that he grabbed a handfull of throttle, broke the rear end lose and couldn't get it back under control before hitting the wall.
Sorry mate, but I think you're wrong :) . The bike is a ZZR600 (it's exactly the same bike as I had a few years ago, same colour/decals etc) and I don't think he really grabs a lot of throttle judging by his lean angle and how he pulls away from the camera bike, but the back just starts weaving and grabbing too much throttle just doesn't do that. I still think he got a puncture or the rear tire pressure was way way too low.
:)

#25 ·
He did upshift just prior to. Either it was tire related or possibly caught the shoulder seam of the roadway. It upset the suspension resulting in the near high side.

He did commit an asphalt cardinal sin. He put his left foot down as if he were in the dirt. Like he was going to get it to pivot.

What about black ice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.