1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
ouch, that hurt!!!!!

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
hoooooo leeeeeee shit! That was horrible. He didn't look too comfortable on that thing, but I still have no idea why he got loose like that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I didn't have sound but maybe he went a gear to low. It was wobbling around and he just kept looking at that wall until....BAM!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yeah, i think he slammed the rear brake, or downshifted wrong causing the rear to lock up

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevrsumr22 said:
Rear brake for sure.
mmm, not sure but I don't think it was his rear brake, surely the rear brake wouldn't cause weaving like that ?

I reckon tire pressure or a puncture. Either way, he was lucky he didn't go over that bridge. !

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
If you watch the vid slow the light doesn't look like it comes on so maybe not.

It could be cold out.

edit - it looks like clutch. If you take it to 1:04 it looks like he squeezes the clutch and then it gives.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can see him grab the clutch and downshift during the turn. Nice shiny new gear too:)

Prolly say he just got it all and was out for a ride and vids for himself.

I don't mean the first time he downshifts before he takes off either.

·
Registered
376 Posts
holy shit he's lucky he didnt go OVER the wall!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
check out rear tire at the 1:06 or 1:07 mark... thats either a shadow, or a tire with extremely low air.....

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FloridaMike said:
check out rear tire at the 1:06 or 1:07 mark... thats either a shadow, or a tire with extremely low air.....
I agree with you Mike, very low rear tire pressure or a puncture, rear brake wouldn't cause that weaving, and neither would 'target fixation', but he was lucky not to go over that bridge parapet. :2eek

·
Registered
791 Posts
bomma said:
I agree with you Mike, very low rear tire pressure or a puncture, rear brake wouldn't cause that weaving, and neither would 'target fixation', but he was lucky not to go over that bridge parapet. :2eek
U guys are wrong, tires looked fine. I believe i saw what happened. The guy cant use his clutch for shit. Before he pulled off u can see him Probably downshift all he did was pull it in and then he dumped the clutch. It appears that right before the rear wheel wobbled he shifted up and dumped the clutch and then traction grabbed. Look at it, he almost highsided which is caused by the sudden grab in traction.

BTW, i wasnt expecting that wall either. OUCH! At least he didnt swerve over in front of the van. That crash was hot to watch though.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
That's gonna leave a mark..

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is a ZX-11D. I used to own one. SO the video is a few years old. The camera work is much to advanced to be a home video. It was some kind of promotional video for sure.
As for what caused it, speaking from experience..That bike has more than enough power to break the rear tire loose witht the throttle. If you notice, it looks as if he is beginning to accelerate away from the camera just before it wobbles. I say that he grabbed a handfull of throttle, broke the rear end lose and couldn't get it back under control before hitting the wall.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts