Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do I get with a new Yamaha R6? ***UPDATE on PAGE TWO***

what would someone normallly get free/included with bike from the dealer?

also what should i pay for the bike? 2004 r6?

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Nothing unless they have a promotion for free accessories from the dealership. You only get a bill and maybe a one year warranty.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just bought an FZ6, and I got them down 500 bucks off MSRP OTD but they wouldn't throw in any freebies. I tried for a cover, tailbag, and even a tshirt. Nothing but no, but I'm happy with the price. :)

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
They give you that paper lisence plate they put on the bike before you head out the door

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first *NEW* bike.

ive owned 3 bikes but always bought used and received what amounts to nothing to everything. manuals tools jackets helmets stands etc... never bought new from a dealer. cut me some freaking slack.

i thought i could freely ask without getting a boatload of smart ass comments.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Maybe you could haggle somewhere for a helmet, but if you have had three bikes, I am sure you don't need another helment, you should already be covered ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
911_abuser said:
aqua teen hunger force! haha...

i just want them to toss in the helmet.

What you're going to have to do is beat them up and make the helmet a condition of the sale: IOW, "I won't sign unless you include the helmet..."

Now, Please accept this in the spirit of a gentle prod, as I don't mean to flame, be 'Holier Than Thou', or come off as being gratuitously smart~a$$ed:

But it never fails to amaze me that so many people will spend $8, $9, $10, $11,000 on a motorcycle (plus $1000 for a pipe/PCIII, etc etc etc...) and then use a freebie brain bucket, $150 KBC lid, and/or complain about the price of decent gear.... Especially if you're financing. Geez... Throw it all in a pile, and have the dealer call the finance company with the total. I mean, does it *really* matter if your payments go from $200/month to $210???

[end_rant]

Anyways - Ask the dealer to include gear as part of the package, and see where that gets you.

Scott :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not about to put that theory to the test, but the cheaper helmet won't be as comfortable, and won't be as durable (lifespan wise).

Does it have a removable and washable liner? Helmet~Funk sucks...

Does it have replacable cheek pads? to customize and restore fit...

Does the vent system actually work?? Or does it just make noise?

(Most Important) Does it fit tightly enough that you can't twist it off to the side by grabbing the chinbar and pulling, yet is comfortable enough to wear for 300+ miles without giving yourself a headache??

Razor sharp graphics??

Easily replacable shield??

If you can find all those qualities in a $150 helmet, then God Bless...

Scott :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
my shoei helmet cost me $850 canadian and its damn nice. expernsive but damn nice.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
a fuckin helmet is a fuckin helmet, long as its snell/dot approved. you nancy's that need $600 arai's make me laugh

·
Registered
839 Posts
I honestly dont see how people can buy bikes from dealers. I know a guy here that bought a gsxr750 2003 with 5,000 miles for 10,500 out the door. GREAT deal :gay :lame

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to get of topic here but why do people need $500 helmets?
The KBC VR1 Euro has Snell/DOT certs, fully removable liner, removable cheek pads, adequate ventilation, and great graphics. You can get it helmetcity for $130.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Had a dealership offer to paint a bike for a buddy who didn't like the color.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts