Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wtf? I go to get on the bike last night and it wont start, all I hear is clicking. I assume it is the battery or the alternator, or something electrical because I was able to push start it, but after shutting it off, it had to be push started again, so I don't think it's the battery.

I have a tail integrator, and lately my rear lights have been acting wierd, and my blinkers have been blinking twice as fast all of the time. They used to only blink twice as fast when the brake was depressed. Also, the right bulb was not lighting up any brighter when braking, so I assumed one filament burnt out, and I had not gotten around to replacing the bulb.

Could my bike not starting have anything to do with the lights? what are possibilities that the problem could be?

I've also been having those power issues as of late, which you can read about in my other post.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i would say its the battery.. a friend of mine had the same problem with his cbr (as fas as push start but doesnt charge for a clean start).. as for the lights, i think you didnt wire dem correctly.. may want to check make sure no wire are exposed & grounded anywhere.... just my .02$

·
Banned
101 Posts
It's not likely that any of your bulbs are burned out.

When you install integrators, you need to add a relay that will slow down your blink rate (not sure what relay you need, see if the manufacturer of the integrator kit you bought does), common "problem" with integrators.

As for the starting problem, I'm betting battery myself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the blinkers used to be fine, that is something new... I have had the integrator for a while. I am pretty sure either something got wet, moved, shorted, or a bulb burnt out.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
SyntheticReality said:
Wtf? I go to get on the bike last night and it wont start, all I hear is clicking. I assume it is the battery or the alternator, or something electrical because I was able to push start it, but after shutting it off, it had to be push started again, so I don't think it's the battery.

I have a tail integrator, and lately my rear lights have been acting wierd, and my blinkers have been blinking twice as fast all of the time. They used to only blink twice as fast when the brake was depressed. Also, the right bulb was not lighting up any brighter when braking, so I assumed one filament burnt out, and I had not gotten around to replacing the bulb.

Could my bike not starting have anything to do with the lights? what are possibilities that the problem could be?

I've also been having those power issues as of late, which you can read about in my other post.
could it be the same problem that I described in the thread "my bike wont start"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts