Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola como estas
so im starting to look for a bike now i have 4000 bucks to spend and these are the paper choices for today im going to go and look at 4 of the 7 today and check them out.
what are your opinions on these any faults that particular model has that i need to be wary of tendency to throw pistons that sort of thing LOL.
1. HONDA 1993 CBR900RR; $4,000 OBO. Lots of aftermarket upgrades Call for specifics.
The Idaho StatesmanSubclassification: Motorcycles 5/29/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. HONDA 1998 CBR-F3 600. 2 Brother's exhaust, Camillion paint job, & chrome decals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. HONDA 2000 CBR600 F4 Great condition! $4,995. Harris Auto 3863 Federal Way

4. KAWASKI 1985 Ninja ZX900, perfect operating condition, $1350 OBO. Call lv. msg.

5. SUZUKI 1992 GSX-R 1100, PM wheels, extra stock wheels, Yosh cams & pipe, V & H ignition, Mikuni Flatslide Carbs, FAST! OVER $3K in extras. $2,800.

6. YAMAHA 2000 R6. 6,200 miles, custom muffler, wind screen and lots of extras.$5,200.

7. YAMAHA 2001 R6; Clean, runs good. 10,000 miles. FAST! $5500 OBO. Call .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL i just noticed that the first guy didnt know how to spell Chameleon lol i own a vield just thought it was funny :beer

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
What is your riding experience? If this is your first bike, I wouldn't recommend looking at any of them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no this would be my 3rd bike i started out on a kawi 250 for 3 years then 2 years of riding a 91 cbr 600 loved that bike but some one backed into it and then over it in ther huge stupid usless vehicle(SUV).i also have about 3 to 4 thousand miles on a closed race courses. i also have alot of dirt exp and raced motocross for 2 years till i had my knee replaced.

·
Banned
216 Posts
It would be tough to recommend any of the bikes without inspection of the quality. I'd get an 01 F4i if i were you or maybe the R6.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Only three of those bikes are 4k and below, I say look around some more.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd go for either of the R6's or the F4. Definetly stay away from the custom painted bikes, usually the paint won't be to your taste and they're almost always covering crash damage(possibly severe). Get them checked out by a mechanic before you pay for them, you don't want suprises when you get it home. Good luck with your search! I've had my 2002 ZX-6R(had 2900 miles when I picked it up for $5k) for a couple of months now and I love every second of it. Any of the 00+ 600cc bikes are going to be a load of fun. Although if I remember right the 2001 and older CBR's still had a steel frame, instead of the aluminum frame that the rest of the bikes of those years had. Basically it makes the CBR's of that year a bit of a pig compared to the other 600's.

Also, I'd stay away from the 80's model's 1000cc+ bikes. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but they're going to be alot more work than the newer bikes. You'll have to fix alot more stuff and it might make them not as much fun to own, unless you really enjoy tinkering.

Either way, good luck with your search. This is a good time to look for bikes, there should be plenty out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts