Sport Bikes banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Sad to see Brandon and Greg leave for a bit.

FWIW, KeS & LPMR are perfectly fine to deal with here on SBN because they both contribute valuable information in their own ways....compared to the "normal rants of douchebaggery" many members on the main Ducati forum display daily.

-Christian

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
at least I said "in that thread"

you told LP_MR that he is full of shit 100% of the time and you're sick of him and finally calling him out on it.
No, I did not. I told him he was intellectually dishonest for comparing the price of a discounted three year old model to the list price of a 2013. In that specific thread. Not sure why that's so controversial.

Similarly, GoIllini was raging last night about a thread TWO YEARS AGO where I supposedly called him an idiot - and I never did.

I'm happy y'all find my comments so devastating, but I swear only for effect, I don't generally call people names, and I check my information before I post.

The Internet really isn't this fantasy world set apart from reality, guys. You're still the same person, and your actions and words still count. I say what I mean and treat people as I expect to be treated, which includes not Making Shit Up (tm), calling them names, or sniping at them behind their backs.

Maybe that's just me. That's ok too.

KeS

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
No, I did not I tolld him he was intellectually dishonest for comparing the price of a discounted three year old model to the list price of a 2013. In that specifiv thread. Not sure why that's so controversial.

Similarly, GoIllini was raging last night about a thread TWO YEARS AGO where I supposedly called him an idiot - and I never did.

I'm happy y'all find my comments so devastating, but I swear only for effect, I don't generally call people names, and I check my information before I post.

The Internet really isn't this fantasy world set apart from reality, guys. You're still the same person, and your actions and words still count. I say what I mean and treat people as I expect to be treated, which includes not Making Shit Up (tm), calling them names, or sniping at them behind their backs.

Maybe that's just me. That's ok too.

KeS
I still don't see the making shit up. I don't think the BMW dealers near me have ever had a leftover bike much less sold one for even a grand under MSRP. Kinda hard to really make comparisons as you insist. All he was saying was that for a couple grand less, he has a bike that while not as good as the BMW is still a hell of a bike and one that most riders wouldn't fully exploit anyhow. He also noted that there were more out there to be had.

Congratulations. You won the war of the interwebz.

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
Yup, the 2012 R1 MSRP is only marginally cheaper than the BMWs', but that isn't the point. The OP asked for a comparison of the two bikes. LPMR just mentioned that it may be possible to find a leftover R1 (still the latest model) for a bargain. Whereas with the BMW you will probably have to pay closer MSRP.

Kes then flipped his lid in another session of vainglorious self-wankery.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Jesus christ, the amount of stupidity in that thread was mind blowing even for SBN! Seriously, if you're going to comment on a thread, read the damn thing through. Most of the people calling Brandon out on the price of the R1 didn't see his post about his being a leftover model and yes there are usually plenty of left over models to choose from. You most likely won't ever have that with that BMW. We have 1 local BMW dealer and He has 2 on the floor at all times, but those are almost always reserved. We have several Yammy dealers. One of which had 3 09's last year that they were trying to sell for $9500. One of his points being why pay more for a newer R1 when nothing is changed on it.

I dunno. That was a pretty vicious thread. Hope he comes back

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
The thread where I almost died went 14 or 15 pages. You people love me! :luvpanda

Seriously I like Brandon and Kevin so I hope cooler heads prevail in the end.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
What about Bannedrex and UserNameLoPan...er Doug.

Ah, they were banned, though. They didn't just leave...

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
"As you wish"

no really, I need to know what the quote was now.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Then :admin4!

It was mostly just timing - some others were picking on him for something else, and I happened to post a couple of minutes after a mod had warned the thread, without seeiing it. Still counts!

KeS

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I don't think Mandrex is perminately banned, I think it was self-imposed. I don't know about Doug. Either way, more lost than gained.
Doug got into a pissing contest with someone over one riding related thing or another, and mentioned he was leaving.

then he got 3 day banned, I believe.
then he clean fucked off.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts