Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, man......I don't even know where to start. This day went from sucking to just plain shit. I was at school, went to football practice, and then hit up the shower. I am dressed about to leave and I am leaving the school doing maybe 10 miles and hour then all of a sudden, I am the grass applying light brakes and my baby goes over. I get up, pick the bike up and the handlebars are locked. No clue why but I couldn't budge them or anything, I walked my bike to the street to check it out. Some of my teammates saw it and offered to put it in their trucks and take me home or to a hospital or whatever so I am glad they were there. The shift lever was bent all the way down, the fairings have a few minor scratches, and my mirror got bent backwards. I used pliars to bend the lever back in place, just looking at those scratches makes me mad, but I am going to attempt to buff them out this weekend(any tips?). And I popped the mirror back in place. My frame sliders were a little scratched but, it happens. I am a little dissapointed, no cuts or anything like that, but I really wish I could figure out what happened, and how to avoid it from happening again.

Then after that little event, the sky opened up and it just poured on my 20 minute ride home, thunder, lighting, all that good stuff. My tankbag(Icon) is obviously not weatherproof because my phone got soaked, my books, notebooks, money in my wallet. My phone wont even turn on, I think it may be fried, but honestly don't want to pay for a new cell(any tips on how to get it working?). My books(all new textbooks, 3 of em, $50+ each) got soaked. SO all of my money I had worked for to get those Devil shotgun pipes, are down the fucking drain. I imagine, close to $200 in new books, 100 for a new cell, and I hope to buff out the scrathes. Well, just thought I would share, I will try and get some pictures, but not really much to see, minor scratches and my shift lever is back to normal.

Overall, this day has blown. :a2

ALso.

Phone - went to Verizon, and he said let it sit(battery) alone for about 2 days then try it. DIdn't have insurance on it, and well yea, I am pissed.

First time down, and I have to say, it isn't something I want to experience again.

Hopefully some of you had better days.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am leaving the school doing maybe 10 miles and hour then all of a sudden, I am the grass applying light brakes and my baby goes over
how did you get into the grass in the first place?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the thing, I am going through a slight curve and push left to make it, but the bike is still going straight. It was dry, no gravel, I didn't see any oil, then next thing, I am in the grass headding(but not close to) so trees. I was thinking maybe my handlebars got locked, because when I picked my bike up, they were locked like the bike was off and set there. But I have never heard of a sportbike steering locked up while riding. This might have been just rider error, and i am fine with that, I just want to know what I didn' wrong and could have done to avoid it. Who knows, maybe it will happen again but I want to be able to handle it correctly.

·
Registered
415 Posts
damn! what a day......at least youre ok.
about ths minor scratches, i did use WD-40, spary it. leave for a few minutes and wipe it off, then use your favorite wax....that works for me everytime, next time get a water proof bag, :dblthumb as for the phone, dont try tu turn it on in a few days, it may completly f^&*k the phone, if verizon uses gsm phones check if you can use a cingular one, i work for cingular and can find you one and send to you if you want.... :cheers

later dude

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did you check the psi in your tires? Maybe the psi in the front tire was really low causing steering to be really heavy...

Anyway, sorry to hear about your 1st crash, at least you didn't really get hurt.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Consider yourself lucky...not everybody is around to post about their 1st time down. There was minor damage which everything can be repaired or replaced and since you didnt mention anything about it I assume you werent injured. Grass/dirt/gravel are very different riding surfaces than pavement and they require a little more patience. Glad to hear you're ok and will still be able to ride. Oh yeh how are those wheelies coming? :cheers

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Nolo said:
as for the phone, dont try tu turn it on in a few days, it may completly f^&*k the phone, if verizon uses gsm phones check if you can use a cingular one, i work for cingular and can find you one and send to you if you want.... :cheers

later dude
Verizon uses cdma

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Damn Cash..sorry to hear about your get off. Remember it could be ALOT worse.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coming alright actually. Yea I really apppreciate it Nolo but they use CDMA. I am just kind of praying this phone thing works, I am about to go try that WD-40 and see how it works. I just hate seeing my bike..."hurt." And I will check the PSI and put air as needed. And yea, no injuries, I had a leather jacket, gloves, boots, and...jeans. Yea jeans, I am not really into the leather pants thing but I wear my other stuff. And yea, I had a helmet on.

Edit: And I am pissed to find out my bag isnt waterproof. I could literally pour out a glass of water when I turned my bag upside down. I expected more out of that bag, my single complaint about it :angry

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Sorry to hear it bro....really sucks.

As for your phone, remove that battery, and place phone under a lamp for a day or 2....let it dry. After that, install battery, charge it up, and use it. My ex dropped hers in the toilet, in a mud puddle, and about anything else wet and this worked every time.

I saw one of my buddies run off the road in the same manner as you (he was new to riding as well). I was right next to him (sharing the lane) as I was teaching him to ride. He said he pushed left, but obviously was pulling left and going right (didn't crash tho). Is this possibly what you did?

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fall. It always sucks dropping it period, but especially the first time. Sounds like you weren't hurt though, so that's a very good thing... many aren't so lucky. Good luck getting her fixed up!

CRASHES SUCK!!! :mad: Trust me, I know all too well how fast a good day can go to hell

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The phone thing, will definitley be tried, I just saw that and its under a lamp now. I looked and looked and found every cleaner, solvent, and chemical in your bike agrage except WD-40. I found some scratch remover(go figure), and its worked on most of em, but there are still four right behind the left headlight(all of those are grouped together). So, bike is looking good as new(almost) but i will go pick up some WD-40 tomm for sure. Yea tragik, its a possiblility, well its over now, and i guess i am happy it was under these cirumstances. Thanks all

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That sucks dude but I'm glad to see you're OK.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear about your fall but I'm glad you are alright. Hope you get the bike fixed up soon.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Ca$h said:
I was thinking maybe my handlebars got locked, because when I picked my bike up, they were locked like the bike was off and set there.
How did you unluck them since the key lock wasn't actually engaged (am I correct?), what was necessary?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Glad you are okay Cash...sucks to go down but it sounds like everything is pretty much OK. Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Sucks that you went down. Glad to hear you're fine and there wasn't much damage.
The sponge of a tank bag sucks too!

I washed my phone a while back (verizon also - model vx-6000 I believe). It fried the battery but the phone itself worked okay after I dried it out and got the new battery - didn't even loose the numbers I had programmed in.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Yea, like everyone else... It could have been a lot worse. Glad that you are ok.

EDIT* Good Luck with the buff job!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts