Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont understnad why they project it to come straight into my back yard after it hits Cuba. that has never happened before. i personally think we will survive this one like all therest, with it turning away from us like usual. i remember people being evacuated plenty of times , spending hous upon hours in traffic trying to get out and we wouldnt even get a decent rain.

either way, im saving my comic books and my hardrive, the rest can swim, and let insurance dish out the bills.

anyone in Tampa Bay worried?

·
Registered
430 Posts
meh, rain, I have prepared more for this storm than any other storm in my life, i went out and got a collapsible 5 gallon jug, and filled it with water, I have enough MRE parts stored up to last me till armageddon, and if that runs out, I have about 800 bags of Ramen noodles, my plan for tomorrow is to float down my street in an innertube, with my floating cooler and a beer =)

·
Registered
234 Posts
well if we keep thinking it will miss us like it always does we will be caught with our pants down. one day one is going to hit us and it aint gonna be pretty and this looks like it is coming straight for us. i wouldn't say i am worried in the least because i've been in florida for about 16 years and it seems to be the same thing every year but i will say that i for one am glad i got some extra stuff today. and i got a new flashlight last night :)

hurricane party anyone? :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
It'll hit u when u least expect it and under estimate it.....But I hope it does miss u guys and be safe!

Sonix......if u are floating down the streeet in an inner tube and a beer in hand, I hope to see that on the news :lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
I lived right off the TX coast and we got tore up by TS Allison a couple years back cause it stalled out. I lived RIGHT on the coast when some cat1 hurricane came in about a years ago that was AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Who remembers hurrican andrew?in 1992 was it..
I was a little git but I do remember tehe sidewalk in front of my house being tore up and a tree being on my niehgbors car. :eek:

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
kranok said:
i dont understnad why they project it to come straight into my back yard after it hits Cuba. that has never happened before. i personally think we will survive this one like all therest, with it turning away from us like usual. i remember people being evacuated plenty of times , spending hous upon hours in traffic trying to get out and we wouldnt even get a decent rain.

either way, im saving my comic books and my hardrive, the rest can swim, and let insurance dish out the bills.

anyone in Tampa Bay worried?
that's exactly how the people thought before Hurricane Andrew hit....and looked what happened to them...it doesn't hurt to take some precaution. We haven't been hit by a bad hurricane since 1918 they said...so this area is waaay overdue...

I hope we all come out..... :eek:

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i definately did some preparin. helped my dad outside for about 3 hours making sure everything is secured and put away, lawn chairs in the pool, all that stuff. i guess we will see. im more worried about the storm surge than the wind. i only live 5 ft above sea level , about 20 seconds away from gulfport beach, and they say the surge shoul dbe somewhere between 8 and 14 feet?? damn, thats neck high in my living room. i hope it doesnt get to that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My aunt and grandparents live on Anna Maria island, its near Bradenton I know. I drove up to St. Pete when we were down there and it was pretty close. Anyways the city police made them evacuate by midnight tonight. Pretty crazy, im kind of nervous for them. And my aunt's house is ON the beach. Walk out her back door and its 30 feet of sand and the ocean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well i have a trip planned to the bike store to pick up some parts....hope this hurricane doesnt mess that up...and Andrew was a crazy storm...but i think i will be OK in O-Town....I have plenty of beer

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I've been through my share of them and if you don't run,all you can do is ride it out.It's best to be ready for it.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
that's exactly how the people thought before Hurricane Andrew hit....and looked what happened to them...it doesn't hurt to take some precaution. We haven't been hit by a bad hurricane since 1918 they said...so this area is waaay overdue...

I hope we all come out..... :eek:

God Bless Ya Sixxy Hope All goes well, shout if ya need something! I'm always here for a buddie! :) Aloha, KH :lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
well they are saying right now that it is only a little bit weaker than andrew. i remember what andrew did, it isn't gonna be pretty. if my computer is still here tomorrow i will post pictures or something. wish us luck.

·
Registered
558 Posts
well thats what ya get for living in america's penis.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just like i said, its gonna miss us again. though i feel for those that are in ft myers and surrounding areas, they werent prepared for it at all cuase it was projected up here.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well, I wish all of you guys in Florida the best of luck. That's one reason why I would never move anywhere near there. I'd much rather live in earthquake country than hurricane country. Like i said though, I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you guys don't even get to see the damn thing.

·
Registered
234 Posts
kranok said:
just like i said, its gonna miss us again. though i feel for those that are in ft myers and surrounding areas, they werent prepared for it at all cuase it was projected up here.
when the next one comes to us it is really gonna catch us off gaurd, its like calling fire when there isn't one, you can only get away with it so many times. we are still gonna get some hurricane winds though, just not the 145mph ones, they are only gonna be about 100 :rolleyes

·
Registered
100 Posts
You know what's funny shit? The Wife an I left Tampa Last night for TitusVille... Yeah, So now that big fugger is headed this way. I was figuring on a nice 4 day vacation at the Inlaws house. But NooOooo, now it's raining here... Pretty funny though, folks were really filling up the hotels in Orlando... and now they are looking to get kicked square in the Nuts...

I couldn't decide what this one was going to do... The track of the storm was a little odd, so I figured fug it, leave at the tail-end of the Pinellis Evacs and cruise over to TitusVille/Melbourne area. Not a bad drive last night either. Went pretty smooth... Ah well better safe than screwed...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts