Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So tonight it finally happened, They say there are two types of riders: Those who have been down, and those who are going down.

I guess you could say I've been down now...

I was out for my usual midnight ride to unwind from work. Riding on the outskirts of Madison County, Upperscale houses on large plots of lands, you know the deal. So I'm riding next to fields of tall sugarcane, I've always kept my wits about me when it comes to riding, so I slowed down to the actual speed limit, incase of wildlife.

Wouldn't you know it, a deer hops out of the grass,right on the road. So I brake, I end up slowing to a stop and wonder why this retarded deer isn't moving.

It was a fucking ambush

Another deer comes hurtling out of the grass and slams DIRECTLY into me. Fucking A. Felt like one of those guys from Human Wrecking Balls bodyslammed me.

I flew a couple feet and luckily had sense enough not to try and break my fall with any limbs, Unhurt for the most part,just sore. Mainly my right shoulder, from the deer slamming into it, and my left side, from landing on it.
Helmet took no damage,
Bike is naked so unhurt for the most part, nothing picture worthy. Rode home fine.

Glad no other cars were coming, Laid there for a good minute/minute and a half thinking :dafuk

·
Registered
616 Posts
Damn... I had a buddy tellin me about a deer running into his car once and I was thinking about it happening on a bike. Never heard of it until now

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, glad you're ok. My co-worker saw a small dog explode under a motorcycle last week, bike didn't even endo.

Sounds like there wasn't much you could have done. After going down twice in the canyons, I hung it up and only ride track.

·
Registered
839 Posts
So tonight it finally happened, They say there are two types of riders: Those who have been down, and those who are going down.

I guess you could say I've been down now...

I was out for my usual midnight ride to unwind from work. Riding on the outskirts of Madison County, Upperscale houses on large plots of lands, you know the deal. So I'm riding next to fields of tall sugarcane, I've always kept my wits about me when it comes to riding, so I slowed down to the actual speed limit, incase of wildlife.

Wouldn't you know it, a deer hops out of the grass,right on the road. So I brake, I end up slowing to a stop and wonder why this retarded deer isn't moving.

It was a fucking ambush

Another deer comes hurtling out of the grass and slams DIRECTLY into me. Fucking A. Felt like one of those guys from Human Wrecking Balls bodyslammed me.

I flew a couple feet and luckily had sense enough not to try and break my fall with any limbs, Unhurt for the most part,just sore. Mainly my right shoulder, from the deer slamming into it, and my left side, from landing on it.
Helmet took no damage,
Bike is naked so unhurt for the most part, nothing picture worthy. Rode home fine.

Glad no other cars were coming, Laid there for a good minute/minute and a half thinking :dafuk
LMFAO!! You got jacked! They did it on purpose. You got set up for a Terry Tate the linebacker tackle! LOL! :spit

Did they ask you what set you were claiming? What colors were you wearing?

·
5,366 Posts
thats hilarious, not the actual events, but just the level of confusion going through your head of did that really just happen must be lol worthy.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a deer run into my Jeep a few years back. No damage but a surprisingly loud thud. Deer got up and ran off so all was well. Can't imagine it on a bike.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
A deer ran in to my dad's Accord wagon sitting in gridlock traffic in the middle of the day.

deer are fucking noobs

you wanna go hunting for a deer? dress up like a car

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
:lol

I'd count that as "going down" about as much as I'd count falling down while walking to your bike. :lol

Good to hear you survived.

·
Are we not men?
9,010 Posts
Good story for Tim Bedore's Animal Conspiracy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
lol wow, the ambush part made me laugh, you got fuckin deerbanged, glad to hear you and the bike are alright, I would have jumped up swinging like WTF IS GOING ON!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol wow, the ambush part made me laugh, you got fuckin deerbanged, glad to hear you and the bike are alright, I would have jumped up swinging like WTF IS GOING ON!!!
Trust me man, there was no jumping up anything going on after that..

I've been in different types of martial arts and grappling contests since I was 6. I've been taken down by some of the biggest guys out there and that was nothing compared to getting hit by that damn deer. Especially when you're not expecting it.

Answering the other guys question whether it was a buck or doe, I'm not sure, I really didn't get any look at all at it.. If it was a buck, I'm sure glad he decided not to get me with his antlers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts