Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I noticed that dammit, my ass is killing me. I could barely walk up the stairs. I sure hope it doesnt take long to get used to the new seat. but other than that, I'd hafta say that the 05 636 > my old cbr. by a long shot.

so anyways, do those corbin seats really make a big difference? they're pretty expensive and I keep hearing how great they are, but how much do they really help for comfort?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I felt the same way about my 600rr and it took me about 2 weeks to get use to it but now it feels fine. I have a friend who has a corbin seat and swears by it so who knows.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would find someone that has one first and test it out, I've heard several people say that the Corbin seats for sportbikes aren't that good. But I don'tknow which bike they were talking about, I'm sure it's not all of them.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I definitley got used to the seat on my 04 after a few weeks. I'm still not used to getting my junk smashed against the tank though. I heard a big plus on the Corbin is that it has more material up front, making it a flatter seat so you're not always wedged against the tank.

·
Registered
324 Posts
corbins rock, i've ridden my bud's zx12r and he's got a corbin. comfy as fuck.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Corbins are great for straight up riding. But if you plan on hanging off the seat at all, the Corbin really sucks because the sides of the seat come up to form to your butt.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
nik_z said:
I think you cleared this up 37 minutes earlier. :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
yeah, that's really weird....i sounded normal the first time....then after the 2nd, it was just plain weird. :lao i have NO clue how that happened! :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have a Corbin and I don't like it. It came with the bike but I'll never buy one for any of my future bikes.

·
Registered
324 Posts
bpmull said:
I have a Corbin and I don't like it. It came with the bike but I'll never buy one for any of my future bikes.
hmm...that's interesting. maybe you have a big ass? :lol j/k man, but seriously you're the first person i've heard of not liking the almost pillow-like feel of a corbin.(it's an exaggeration unless you compare it to a stock cbr or 6R seat!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts