Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I go to gunther mazda in plantation to pick up some car parts.
At the stop sign on the way out some kid rear ends me.
i manage to keep the bike standing up

We pull over.

He asks me if I want to just trade info and call it a day.
I said nope Im calling the coppers.
cops take 2 hours to come in the boiling hot sun.

gets our info

Cop(talking to me) : Do you have proof of ins?
Me:Nope.It is not req in the state of florida
Cop:Im am pretty sure it is.
Me:I am positive that it is not.You may want to check that.
Cop : one sec while I check with my supervisor.

20 min pass(still in the sun)

I am sorry your absolutely right.
I am going to give you this case number and a copy of each others info.
After I leave I look at the paper and notice she DID NOT issue him a ticket.
While she was sooooo ready to give me a Bull$hit ticket for not having ins. :upyours and I am the one who got hit.

From behind no less.

Gotta love it.

To make a long story short I NEED RAY IN HALLANDALES #.THANKS

Bike will not start , has rash on the side.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Daymn...sorry to hear that...at least you are ok...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup.Im suprised It didnt drop

·
Registered
471 Posts
private property, moving violations are not applicable unless property owner has a traffic agreement with the local agency, and all signs/traffic control devices meet DOT standards...

and in the court my citations go to.. a judge will dismiss all moving violations that involve a vehicle crash unless I personally saw the violation OR there is an independant witness...

for those saying FTP... it helps if you actually know the law first...

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Did nobody see it???

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Rear ends suck, but if you don't get hurt it is a sure way to get paid $$$$$$$

I'm suprised you didn't fall, when I got rear ended at 10mph I flew like 10 feet

·
Registered
581 Posts
Spike said:
Did nobody see it???
Best have a mechanic check out your bike well before you take any long trips on it.

Spike, No offense, but any sort of cruelty to animals just turns my stomach. Do you hate cats or something?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
FloridaMike said:
private property, moving violations are not applicable unless property owner has a traffic agreement with the local agency, and all signs/traffic control devices meet DOT standards...

and in the court my citations go to.. a judge will dismiss all moving violations that involve a vehicle crash unless I personally saw the violation OR there is an independant witness...

for those saying FTP... it helps if you actually know the law first...

I don't know the law. I would not say FTP... but I would say that the police officer should have known about the insurance thing. Although she was smart enough to find out before she went any further.

Glad your ok Dread... Yeah go see Ray!

Gunther MAzda... the only Mazda dealer in town. I sure with it was closer.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Glad you're alright, Dread! That's what counts when it comes to accidents.

I love the mirrors on my CBR 'cuz they're nice and big - they let me keep an eye on anything coming up behind me. I'm always checking out the cars coming up on me, ready in 1st gear to move outta the way. But sometimes, there's not much you can really do.

Since you don't have any insurance, if you want to get some compensation try either getting a lawyer or bluffing your way through it with the idiot that hit you. I doubt you'll get much, if anything, but maybe you can get a few hundred to help with the damages. I did all the fighting when I got hit over a year ago (I carry insurance but only liability; if I'm ever in a crash where I'm found at fault, I'm covered - $260/year) and got $3000, but the dumbass that hit me got a ticket.

FZ6nIT said:
Spike, No offense, but any sort of cruelty to animals just turns my stomach. Do you hate cats or something?
That clip's been around forever, looks like a home vid. I think the cat just got spooked, it's not that someone threw it against the wall. Just a goofy cat who ended up doing something silly. Maybe there's another story behind it, but I think that's it.

·
wuka man
849 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok man. I dont think you would have been that bad being that you kept the bike up.

Got pics?
Did you check their insurance on the spot?

Being that the cop asked you bout your ins on the spot seems like she was trying to make sure everything was up to standard. Now with saying that, the driver should have been issued a citation being that she is try to make sure everything is in order. Seems like she was being one sided on the situation.

Anyways, dig into that insurance like there is no tomorrow. And just so you know, a bent subframe on that bike could very possibly be totalled.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Yeah FZ6 it was one of a bunch of home videos of really funny cats. Among those videos is the cat that jumps from behind the bush and lands on the little kids head (a few people have had that avatar on SBN). What's happening in my avatar is a cat laying on a bed, someone comes up and scares the cat and so it jumped up to run away... unfortunately it happened to run into the wall. I think it's fucking hilarious! So does pretty much everyone else that's seen it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beafer said:
Anyways, dig into that insurance like there is no tomorrow. And just so you know, a bent subframe on that bike could very possibly be totalled.
Oh I intend on it.
Dont want to be an ass but......

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Nail his insurance company man!! Glad you are ok but that blows about the bike! Good luck with it man.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tru tru tru

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
glad your ok! now get a lawyer!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Dread, glad to hear you're OK, the bike can always be repaired/replaced :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts