Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think that GP race was foul? Rossi cut into Gibernaus turn nearly wiping them both out.
Some say it was a dirty and dangerous move, others say it's a race.
Here's the story if anyone hasn't heard.

http://www.pretorianews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=1493&fArticleId=2477328

And a photo of the pass (according to Gib, he suffered a bruised should cause of the clash)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
It's hard to say,Rossie ran a few others wide in that race,Hayden being one.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
v4barnes said:
Seriously though, it's a race.
^+1 he's out there to win not make friends....

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Gib left the door open, yea, it might have only been cracked, but hell, if you wanted to win, wouldn't you try and go through a door that was slightly open. Had gib run a better line through the corner, well, this would not be an issue that is being discussed, so realisticly did Gib deserve to win in the first place, after leaving open that door on the last lap.......

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's Rossi skill, I think that was a badass cut he did..and on the last turn on the last lap for the win...sheesh, dont get any better than that.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
biaggi has done a few things to rossi that were questionable, but in the end it's a race. that incident at jerez was interesting, hell the whole last lap was awesome to watch. part of what makes moto gp so great is the dogfight element, man vs man. Much more so than F1 or NASCAR, the racing is so personal it's hard not to get into it. I just hope someone can challenge rossi before he leaves the sport for good out of sheer boredom...that would be a real disappointment.

I'm taking the gf to laguna seca in july, we just got our plane and admission tix. My first hook was wine country but I just showed her the "faster" DVD and the followup to that covering the 03-04 seasons. The personalities, the skills, and the risks are pretty compelling, so now she's excited about the race. Thanks valentino!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone think that GP race was foul? Rossi cut into Gibernaus turn nearly wiping them both out.
Some say it was a dirty and dangerous move, others say it's a race.
Here's the story if anyone hasn't heard.

http://www.pretorianews.co.za/index...ticleId=2477328

And a photo of the pass (according to Gib, he suffered a bruised should cause of the clash)
Rossi edges out rival
April 11, 2005

Valentino Rossi started his quest for a fifth successive world title in controversial style yesterday, winning the Spanish Grand Prix after his main rival Sete Gibernau was forced off the track at the last corner.
That article is 2 months old

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JAFO2RHh said:
Don't make me bring up Kenny Roberts and Eddie Lawson. Didn't see it here in 2 months, so I brought it up. :bitchslap
Nice avatar by the way.

·
Registered
251 Posts
JAFO2RHh said:
Yep, the race on Speed yesterday had Gib taking a detour in the gravel and falling out of contention. Speaking of which, it was a great race in terms of the dog fighting element.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If you know there are guys with the skill of Rossi behind you, why leave that crack open? It's a race, and Rossi did what was needed.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Hell yae hes dirty. Its a normal thing to be PISSED off when you get OWNED everyweekend!!! Rossi is so good he just does that. Happened to Mad Max it will happen to gibberish. Yo man up dood. Aint no spoil sport ever giunna even get slopy seconds if he act like a brat...

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
beowulf2k said:
Don't make me bring up Kenny Roberts and Eddie Lawson. Didn't see it here in 2 months, so I brought it up. :bitchslap
Nice avatar by the way.

KR Rules. Lawson was fodder for the side show. They in my eyes were some of the best riders ever locked in a cage and let to try and kill one another.... oh and throw the Aussie dood in too. They rocked. :beer

·
Registered
377 Posts
Anybody have a high res picture of the bump?

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you look at all the pictures and videos, you'll see that gib is the one who ran into val not the other way around. Gib left the door open and val went for it, once he realized his mistake he tried to slam the door shut but val was already there.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going to wait a little bit, then use my jedi forces to change someones name...they have the picture...all they need now is the name.
No more interruptions in the force.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
Gibernau is a puss.........you see him holding his arm the whole time and during the presentation.....so uncalled for...... :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 41 Posts