Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of the greatest perks of being in the Military is all the cool events going on, especially here at Camp Pendleton. And today, there was a special Stunt show taking place starring the famous Ernie Vigil and Nick Apex. For those who don't know who they are, they are the famous drifters in the below video and many others.

I am not real big on stunting, but watching this up close was so exciting and just amazing what they can do with their street triples.

It was fun to hang out with these guys, get free Monster drinks from the Monster Energy models, brag about Ninja 636's, and talk shit about Honda bikes burning oil.

I will be out all evening, but when i get home I will post up the pictures i got today with them and their bikes as well as post the video i managed to grab with my iPhone.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
So one of the greatest perks of being in the Military is all the cool events going on, especially here at Camp Pendleton. And today, there was a special Stunt show taking place starring the famous Ernie Vigil and Nick Apex. For those who don't know who they are, they are the famous drifters in the below video and many others.

Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle 2 - YouTube

I am not real big on stunting, but watching this up close was so exciting and just amazing what they can do with their street triples.

It was fun to hang out with these guys, get free Monster drinks from the Monster Energy models, brag about Ninja 636's, and talk shit about Honda bikes burning oil.

I will be out all evening, but when i get home I will post up the pictures i got today with them and their bikes as well as post the video i managed to grab with my iPhone.
Hey now. My Honda doesn't burn oil.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
awesome!

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Reactions: bassjones

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Oh snap, did you talk about 636s getting their butts handed to them by Daytonas? :p

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Nice, dude!

Nick & Ernie are cool shit. I met those guys last year at my buddy's wedding. Nice guys. Wedding ceremony was on the start/finish line of Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, stunt show after, then a few hours of open track time. Nick was cool enough to let me borrow his buddy's R6 track bike & his agent hooked me up with all the gear so I could turn a bunch of laps.
http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum...ng-video-386150_609917618215_1031020995_n.jpg
Apex puttin on a show - http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum...09916500455_17400105_32836716_607618030_n.jpg

Melissa Parris & Josh Hayes were there, too. Melissa was a bridesmaid. (yeah, I'm a name dropper. Whatever :D)

By far the sickest wedding I've ever had the honor of being a part of. Still talking about it over a year later.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So as promised, the pics and video of the show. I don't have video of the whole show as i was taking pictures first and then started taking a video. A buddy of mine got the whole video on GoPro so if i can snap that video from him i will post up the entire show. Oh and the announcer said the bikes where 675cc's, but they looked more like speed triples than street triples to me.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty sure their drift bikes are Speed Triples, stunt bikes are Street Triples.
The announcer mentioned early that they brought out different bikes today just for the stunt show, but they also had dedicated competition bikes.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
How to tell the difference (if they aren't modified out the wazoo). Street triple has double sided swingarm. Speed triple has single sided swingarm.

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
Sweet! I missed the last shows that came to Camp Lejeune. I wish I could've been there. A local BMW dealership had Teach there, but I got sucked into my wife's friends retirement ceremony. I seem to miss everything.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No problems, I enjoyed the show and i couldn't i had the opportunity to meet these guys. Surprisingly they were not douchey or arrogant, but really friendly and nice. They introduced themselves to me when i came up to them with smiles on their faces and we even chatted about my bike for a few minutes.

Now I just need to meet Sykes, learn Italian and meet Rossi and then invite Emma Stone to my next Marine Corps Ball. Then i can die happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts