OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ducati just released thier line,

Watercooled Hypermotard

1199R

20th anniversary Monster

This sick looking 848 evo corse

and a new model, the hyperstrada, which appears to be a hypertard setup for adventure touring.

Plus some new models of the Multistrada and Diaval, but really other than the hypertard, hyperstrada and what i am assuming will be $40k 1199r, nothing too exciting.

edit: ummm, and there's this cool looking bike with a douche bag back story

The Diesel Style Team, under the guidance of Diesel founder Renzo Rosso, together with Ducati's Design Centre, have brought a new ‘urban military chic' interpretation to the iconic naked motorcycle. Creative, innovative, fun, irreverent, sexy and brave are the words to best describe the new Monster Diesel.The collaboration between Diesel's founder Renzo Rosso and the Ducati Design Center gives birth to the numbered Monster Diesel version (technically based on the 1100 EVO ).

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
i was at the ducati dealer on saturday ... if i recall i saw the 848 and panigale on the showroom floor.

i didn't even bother to check if they were 2013. the ducati dealership also is a triumph dealership as well and damn that daytona is hot. if i weren't such a honda dork, i would probably buy one as my next bike.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My local Duc Dealer had one of those Diesel Monsters and It looked amazing in person! I am really interested in that hyper strada!

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
given the choice, i'd much rather not look at it :beer

Reactions: aLive

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Ducati has always had beautiful bikes, just out of the price range for most, but that gap is closing now that 600ss bikes are pushing 12,000.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My favourite is the anniversary colors Monster. It just looks amazing in those old colors.

The water cooled Hypermotard I don't like, looks-wise, as much as the current version, but it sure sounds like a blast.

In general, Ducati has drifted from my particular taste, but I'd say they are still making beautiful bikes.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I really like that Hyperstrada, but it's still like 20k, no go for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Yes it sure is. I've never been a big fan of ducati, but I've always had a soft spot for the evo... or a hard spot... however you want to look at it.
This.

I've had my eye on the evo for a few years now, and I WILL have one.. Just not until I have a garage to keep her in, and I've got a shit ton of debt paid off, and I can pay for it in full, and I can afford to track it every other weekend... Yeah, it's going to be a few years, but goddamn I want one.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
The HyperStrada looks great. The HyperMotard is already at the top of my list if I needed to get a new bike. A testride will be in order.

PhilB

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
The HyperStrada looks great. The HyperMotard is already at the top of my list if I needed to get a new bike. A testride will be in order.

PhilB
Most reviews I've come across have put Aprilia's Dorsoduro ahead of the ducati HM - have you had a chance to test ride them back to back?

(My father says his next commuting bike will be a Dorsoduro, fwiw)

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Most reviews I've come across have put Aprilia's Dorsoduro ahead of the ducati HM - have you had a chance to test ride them back to back?

The Dorsoduro is also on my list to test; haven't yet.

PhilB

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

things may be different with the Testastretta 11° engine.

i also just realized that they went to a cable operated clutch...

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Please excuse me while I clean the vomit out of my mouth....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts