Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin for some weekend riders. I've mainly been ridin by myself. So not too many long trips for me.Lookin to get something started. Its been my experience that it's safer and more pleasurable in groups. What say you?
:newbie :smilierr

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hi Salmiester. I used to frequent ACH, AFH, etc, but lately with the intense enforcement up there, I stay away on weekends and when I head up the mountain, it's almost always on a week day. But those roads are not the ideal place to ride for a newbie. What rides have you taken so far? Another thing that might interest you is a Newbie track day. This is a track day intended exclusively for new riders, and street only riders who have never been on the track on a motorcycle before, so it will be a very good learning experience, non-aggressive, etc. This is a project that is being set up by the LAC Sheriff's Dept. I will be an instructor at this, on Aug 2nd and Aug 3rd (that's this Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday is full with a very long cancellation waiting list, Monday has about 100 signed up and there may be another spot or two available). Anyway, give me a shout back. Maybe a ride next weekend somewhere can be arranged.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow! Wish I would have none sooner. I could have taken the day off. I'll keep in touch for the weekend. Being in apple valley. I've taken the 18 towards Big Bear-the back way- onto the 38, the 74/243 starting in Hemet, I believe it's the 138 from the I-15 up the mountain and down the 18 backside. I don't have a probrlem with traveling to a nice ride, not too many responsiblities right now. Just need a little notice for a game plan. But I'll definately keep in touch.
:cheers

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to ask, what gear is required for the track? I just have a textile jacket with pads and Gaerne st dry boots. I'm sure I have to invest just want to get a heads up before i get turned away.

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the 411 but I think I'm headed out to Laughlin this weekend. But I have been meaning to head out to your area for a look see. I'll keep in touch if something opens up for me. Like I said, not too many responsibilities right now.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Where is this MTC Willow Springs place?!?!?! I was on that site that Eyespy posted, but it is really slow at loading and is not logically laid out. Can you give me an idea? I'm in Southern LA, which I assume is SoCal... but I just moved here, so the lingo out here has not be learned fully!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts