Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all of the stickies and it seems everyone says that a tighter fitting jacket is best which poses a large problem for me. I am a tall and big guy. I am 6'4'' and usually have to wear a XLT or XXL shirt. I have the hardest time finding long sleeves for me as my monkey length wingspan is a tad over 6'11''.

A couple days ago I went to Burt's Mega Mall which is a large recreation store with more motorcycle gear than I have ever seen. I went here because I knew if anyone had something for me it would be them. I was wrong. I did try on a few jackets and found some of the XXXL jackets had sleeves that might have been long enough or would have barely sufficed. They seem long enough when my arms are straight but when bent at a 90* angle they come short of my wrists about 3". Problem is my chest fit best in the XL jackets it seems.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I buy the XXXL and bare with the large chest? I am also looking for something probably in mesh due to the 100+ degree temps from may-sep and the rest being in 80s-90s.

·
Banned
911 Posts
The last thing you want in a jacket is for it to fit loosely.

How far does a snug fitting jacket come up from your wrists?

I'm 6'1" and fairly thin at 145lbs, so the only jacket that would fit me snuggly was a size 36 (small). That in return, came up short in my wrists -- however, my gloves cover any otherwise exposed areas left by the jacket.

·
old member
13,079 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Don't get the arms too long, or your hand may go numb after a while. Just throwing it out there since I had a similar problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts