Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that you're running Pirelli Diabla Strada's on your bike. Since you seem to be the only person in the world that run's them, I'll ask you for your opinion. :)

How you like 'em? Grip well? How many miles on them so far? Any info is good. They're supposed to be the same as Metzeler Z6's, but they look a hair different (and are about 20 bucks a set cheaper).

Give me some info man.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I forget whether the rear or front tire is the diablo. I think the rear is the diablo. From what i can tell they are fine. Personally i cant tell the difference between hot and cold tires while riding. but after a good ride they feel (by touch) sticky. I've hit some good good leans, including some yesterday and i havnt felt them slide once. I have about 5-600 miles on those tires. U saw the tread so that will give u an idea of how well they'll last.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well damn. Was hoping you had more miles on 'em (wondering what kind of mileage they'll get).

Ended up ordering Avon 45/46's instead. There's virtually no info out on the Pirelli's yet.

Hopefully I'll get a few more miles out of these over the Metzeler Z6's (awesome tires, but only getting about 4500 miles out of a rear).

·
Registered
288 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Well damn. Was hoping you had more miles on 'em (wondering what kind of mileage they'll get).

Ended up ordering Avon 45/46's instead. There's virtually no info out on the Pirelli's yet.

Hopefully I'll get a few more miles out of these over the Metzeler Z6's (awesome tires, but only getting about 4500 miles out of a rear).
4500 miles? dam man, u doin burnouts out every light? haha....i've got close to 2200 miles on my cbr, tires seem to have almost teh same amount of tread as when I first got the bike...hmmmmm

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Tragik,

I know you recommended the Z4's on the SV. Have you heard anything about the Z6's. I've been reading a lot of reviews on these and they have said nothing but good things about them. Those Diablo Strada's also have some good reviews backing them up as well.
The Avons seem to be big with the sportbikes riders in England...I keep seeing them show up in their forums.
Why you switching from the Z4's?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drmnlateef said:
4500 miles? dam man, u doin burnouts out every light? haha....i've got close to 2200 miles on my cbr, tires seem to have almost teh same amount of tread as when I first got the bike...hmmmmm
I never do burnouts, but occasionaly wheelies. I don't understand it either, as others get 6k plus w/ the SV on Z6's. I've just chalked it up as me being hard on tires. My record for highest miles was on the stock Dunflop 220 @ 5500 miles, but those tires suck (no grip). Record low is 2500 on a Dunflop D207, and they sucked worse (grip not much better than the 220, with less than half the mileage).

I love the Z6's (they grip awesome), but just want some more miles out of them. That's why I'm trying something else.

I do lots of highway miles...prolly 300/week+. And then there's the trips to the mountains riding the highway for ~180 miles each way.

In 22k miles on my SV, I've managed to chew through 2 fronts, and 6 rears.

I wish I could have my cake and eat it too....GP type grip and last 30k miles. O'well.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kazlab67 said:
Tragik,

I know you recommended the Z4's on the SV. Have you heard anything about the Z6's. I've been reading a lot of reviews on these and they have said nothing but good things about them. Those Diablo Strada's also have some good reviews backing them up as well.
The Avons seem to be big with the sportbikes riders in England...I keep seeing them show up in their forums.
Why you switching from the Z4's?
Dude...I've never recomended the Z4's...THOSE SUCK. Z6's is what I already run.

I've also yet to see anything on the Diablo Strada's (the tire in question in my first post in this thread), but SUPOSEDLY, they're the same basic tire as the Metzler Z6 (Pirelli owns Metzler...or vice versa). BUT, nobody uses them aparently, so I've yet to here if they are actually the same.

Z6's rock, but *I* can't get more than 4500 miles out of a rear tire to save my life. *YOU* probably would do better tho, as I've seen most people are getting 6 - 8k miles out of them on the SV. I'm just hell on tires aparently.

Z6's are a definate improvement over the stock Dunflop crap that comes on the SV...and I'll always sware by them. They've done everything I could want them to, except get a little better mileage (I'd honestly be happy if I got 6k miles out of a rear tire....if I still had good grip).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts