Sport Bikes banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Major appliances in the house all consume so close on peak demand it wouldn't be possible for the meter to discern what unit is running and when. Not to mention different manufacturer's and different models withing a product line will have variations on ratings. Toasters actually draw more than microwaves (normal microwaves). OTR units have a higher capacity than most counter top units, plus have the range light and fan as well requiring the 20A circuit. A toaster is typically about 1500W to a general use microwave only being about 1000, even less in some cases.
I know that my space heater, hair drier and electric kettle draw the same 1500W, or that my microwave uses the same power as one of my space heaters on "medium".

By the way, a couple weeks before I moved into my home, the power company had the meters replaced. I have "bifasic" service, and they just replaced everything with a single meter. I thought that was cool and never thought about it....

Until now, it's an evil smart meter.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
nobody should trust the government. and, there is a HUGE potential for misuse. oversight will be necessary to ensure citizens don't have their rights trampled

like it or not; smart meters are here to stay...

s3aturnr
Did you seriously type this?! When have you ever, EVER known the gubmint to have an opportunity to trample, stamp on, and then defecate profusely upon your rights....
And NOT FUCKING DO JUST THAT?

Reactions: F4sSprintST
21 - 24 of 24 Posts