Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got back into riding after 7 years or so. Dusted off my old gear and am loving it once again.

My old VR-1 KBC helmet still fits great, but it's old and the liner is nasty. Shopping for something nice and new.

The LS2 line had great reviews so I ordered one. This helmet is externally massive compared to my XL KBC? Test fit a buddies cheaper ILM helmet and same deal. Its like the XL to 3XL shells are all the same shell sizes these days? Makes me feel like a damn bobble head.

Any suggestions in the moderately priced helmets that don't have such an huge external shell? I'm tempted to just buy another KBC vr1. They just seem dated. I really like the flip down sun shield option on my LS2.

Any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most helmet manufacturers use 2 shell sizes. One for S-L and one for XL-up. Some use a third for XS and S, others split the sizes differently.

This should help you identify brands to check out - LidPicker

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most helmet manufacturers use 2 shell sizes. One for S-L and one for XL-up. Some use a third for XS and S, others split the sizes differently.

This should help you identify brands to check out - LidPicker
If most helmets you use only have 2 shell sizes, I think its time to get a new helmet. Most helmets now are 3, and more premium are 4. Only ones I've seen that are 2 are ones under $200 recently. Shoeis tend to have smaller shell sizes that reduce the bobble head look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts