Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what is the best thing I can add to a 929 with a hindle slip on and a PC3 for some small performance gain, or just to smooth the power out. It could be the map on the bike, but I was still curious. Out side of gearing the bike that is.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I would think that taking it to the dyno would give you the best results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ya i might do that also.
I just don't really like the pipe that is on it. I'm not fond of attracting police attention. So I may have to wait to do that when I have to correct pipe i want on it.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Small gains

A trick I learned on the dyno was to cut most of the inner ribbing or make new intake snorkels. If you cut you have to be careful of making it weak and it collapsing on itself. I usually get 3hp from that mod I have also made extensions for the snorkels and induced the ram air a bit. But on the dyno you wont see ram air effects. Not to mention if you can actually make more than 1 pound of boost your air box and intake rock. I did some studying on ram air when I worked for the factory race teams and found that even the best air box made around 1.5 pounds of pressure and only at speeds over 120 mph. The 929 is a little choked off though. Another trick is to get rid of the obstruction valve in the air box. It was an old GSXR trick that was hard to make right. On the 929 it will take some midrange out but put some umph in the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts