Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a question for you guys and gals..... I want to buy a slip on muffler that will bolt to the flange on my 04 gsxr 600. But what oh what pipe to get... I rode on sunday next to a friend on a f4i with a m4 high pipe and it sounded good :D . But it is a honda so I was wondering if any one that has say a d+d or yosh, micron just let me know if they are super loud if you like them or what not... Im just trying to decide now what one to buy...thanks Daryl

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ok, I've heard only good things about M4, but haven't heard one up close. Avoid D&D, they are just LOUD and have no tone. My Long running reccomendation is Yoshimura. They sound fantastic and look great. I'm also not a fan of Micron, another one thats loud with not much tone, or atleast the one I heard on an F4.

You can also check out the FMF Powercore. They said the sound is similar to a Yoshi, just slightly different due to the square baffle. But if you want to drop a big chunk of change on it, look at Akrapovich.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I was talking to some peeps with gixxers and like stated above yosh was their fav. So I should be getting my new yosh trs carbon by the end of next week, jeez I hope it sounds good....

·
Registered
200 Posts
My RS-3 sounded sweet, but it was too loud for my tastes and habits of illegal activites on one wheel. I decided to put the stock can on and sell my RS-3, it's in the classifieds if you wanna buy it off me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1) sato (babyface)
2) akrapovic
3) arata
4) ti force

the Sato makes the yoshimura on my yamaha look like i made it in the garage with soda cans and jb weld. no comparison for power, sound, and quality.

either way it boils down to what you think looks good and what you think sounds good.

regards,
m.a.d.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys I have been out of town for a few days at the beach, The pipe to my surprise isnt that loud to me but the guys I ride with say it is loud if your behind it. But I like the looks of the trs carbon it sounds good in my opinion. But thanks for the feed back...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That thing looks sweet....Im going to have to post a pic of mine now? I have a question maybe it can get answered here, I have noticed that the mid pipe right before the bolt on muffler has started to turn a bronze color haw do I stop this from spreading?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like that pipe, but I got the carbon and love it, they sound the same though so it is all good. Nice pipe....how much was it?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
04gsxr600 said:
That thing looks sweet....Im going to have to post a pic of mine now? I have a question maybe it can get answered here, I have noticed that the mid pipe right before the bolt on muffler has started to turn a bronze color haw do I stop this from spreading?
Be proud of that bronze color! It's Stainless Steel man!
Still working on turning my Ti pipes bluish purple all the way down. :headbang

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Just a function of heat and time. Maybe you're gettin' on it more with the new pipe!? :D
A brand new chrome-looking Stainless pipe is like chicken strips on your tires.
Unless you ride a chromed out cruiser...

Heat that sucker up, give it that bronze glow! :lol

BTW - post up a pic so we can see the pipe. Also, I want to see what you're talking about with the discoloration.
Usually it starts at the headers and the collector and works it's way back...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts