Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a Scorpion pipe (carbon fiber) for my CBR. I know some people with Scorpion pipes on their SVS's and they sound great. But I haven't heard or seen one on a CBR yet. Anyone have some feedback?

Or maybe other tips on pipes that sound good on the CBR? I am trying to look into some of the lower priced ones. I know the Yosh pipes sound good on CBR's but they are so expensive. Thanks for the feedback.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
I'm in the market for a new can myself. I've looked at Micron, Hindle (highly recommended for Honda), Akrapovik, M4, and Devil Systems. My preference is for a high mount system where I'd like to retain my passenger pegs, but it's not an absolute necessity.

Micron high mount aluminum is about $327 @ www.parts411.com. The Micron website has the different colored cans to match your bike @ http://www.micronexhaust.com/store/photos.htm

Hindle slip on aluminum muffler runs about $209 plus $54 for the slip on tailpipe you'll need to add to your OE header in order to put on the Hindle slip on muffler. Most complicated of the bunch. Don't know why they don't just sell the parts as one unit.

Akrapovik doesn't come as a high mount so I'd have to purchase an "S" pipe separately and modify it--that would run about $499 plus about $70 for the pipe

M4 high mount aluminum system will run about $250. The least expensive high mount system without modifications (extra "S" pipe,

Devil Systems retains the passenger pegs plus gives you a unique dual high mount muffler look for $419 (aluminum high mount) or $449 (carbon fiber high mount)

You can check out each exhaust system by visiting the manufacturer website or http://www.storesonline.com/site/256257/page/31956 where I got some of my prices.

I like all the systems, but have narrowed it down to Micron or Hindle....and maybe Devil. We'll see.

Good luck with yours and once you decide and have one mounted, be sure to post a pic and sound clip.

Cheers!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback! I will let you know what I end up going with. I really like the look and price of the Scorpion pipes and know they sound great on V-twins, but have never heard one on an inline 4.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would go with devil or m4. I have the devil on my bike and it gets many compliments for it's sound and look. It is a little pricey though compared to the hindle.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the Scorpion High Mount. I get a lot of compliments on it's sound. The quality is really goos too. I've had it for about 2.5 yrs and no problems a little Honda shine and it looks like new!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love the high mounts. My bike came with Devils SB2 Highmount. Looks perfect, but I got pulled over 2 times for it being loud.

I'm looking for a quieter exhuast other than stock. I like how the Yosh sounds, but don't want to lose the highmount look. I wonder if I can use a yosh can on devils mid pipe and peg modification?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking into getting a new exhaust as well for my F4i and when I bought some gear at the local dealer (Yamaha, Suzuki?!?), they said they had a RS-3 Carbon Yoshi slip-on that they'd sell for $340....they pulled it out of the back and I took a look at it and it is brand new...seems someone ordered it and never bothered to pick it up. What do you guys think, good deal? I want to hear what the Yoshi sounds like, but I have not been able to find any clips, anyone have or know of any?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice! Looks really sharp.Were you able to retain the passenger pegs?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a XM Carbon Fiber Two Brothers slip-on and I love it. The sound is amazing and not to mention you can ride for hours and grab the pipe and it'll just be cool to the touch....no more having the girl bitches that she keeps melting her tim's ;)

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
199 Posts
SportzBiker said:
I am looking into getting a new exhaust as well for my F4i and when I bought some gear at the local dealer (Yamaha, Suzuki?!?), they said they had a RS-3 Carbon Yoshi slip-on that they'd sell for $340....they pulled it out of the back and I took a look at it and it is brand new...seems someone ordered it and never bothered to pick it up. What do you guys think, good deal? I want to hear what the Yoshi sounds like, but I have not been able to find any clips, anyone have or know of any?
sounds like a damn good price. I think I paid like $450+ for my Yoshi. It sounds good and once you get into the RPMs it starts to scream. I have gotten a couple of compliments about it. Not near as loud as a D&D which a buddy has on his R6. I would say go for it.

PS I have an F4 not and F4i so there may be some difference.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
i've got a D&D on my F4i, and it's pretty loud.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the older Carbon Fiber Two Bros. Pipe ... Really good sound and like you said , it stays cool to the touch , no matter how long you run it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
redcbrla said:
I am thinking about getting a Scorpion pipe (carbon fiber) for my CBR. I know some people with Scorpion pipes on their SVS's and they sound great. But I haven't heard or seen one on a CBR yet. Anyone have some feedback?...
Hi there redcbrla, I've got a stainless Scorpion slip-on fitted to my CBR and it feels and sounds awesome - like a new bike with it on! :leghump

One thing I've heard about the carbon fibre pipes is that their new finish can deteriorate quickly - is your bike garaged?

Go Scorpion, you'll not regret it!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts