1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Skilled.... but just plain stupid.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Looks like beafer pushing his bike out of a ditch...
The pic you posted is Beafer cause he is walking... not stunting.
:loa

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Let's not go there Moto. You know my reasons for saying that. No need to start the debate in this forum.... As for more controlled than the kneedraggers... you don't have experience in that, so you can't make that arguement... nor have you done what this guy is doing so you can't make a judgement. Yeah it's cool.. yeah it's skilled, but it doesn't belong in a mountain road nor do the kneedraggers in the mountain.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Take it to the track.. take it to the warehouse.

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
Onetrick said:
Let's not go there Moto. You know my reasons for saying that. No need to start the debate in this forum.... As for more controlled than the kneedraggers... you don't have experience in that, so you can't make that arguement... nor have you done what this guy is doing so you can't make a judgement. Yeah it's cool.. yeah it's skilled, but it doesn't belong in a mountain road nor do the kneedraggers in the mountain.
+1

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can however put 2 and 2 together and say that he is more skilled than a kneedragger that crashes at the Gap if he didnt crash...

so basically anyone that rides in the street and doesnt ride like Ms Daisy is stupid...

Guess I will be left out of your group rides just because i will be called stupid, squid, idiot and all other names if my front wheel leaves the ground or I break the speed limit.

im not trying to argue but cut some slack somewhere if not for me, for everyone else that rides street almost daily...

Yeah track is cool for some., for me its stupid but i dont go telling everyone that rides in a circle for 8 miles at a time that they are stupid for it...

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
how can you tell that he's skitching??? to me he's pushing his bike to the gas station!!!! hahahahahahaa

j/k dude

I'm just bored.... :beer

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I understand you don't like the track etc. The streets are not made for stunters or kneedraggers. What slack do you need? There is no way anyone will convince you that the track is safer and well we just don't feel the need to try to convince you. No one said the warehouses are safer (Rob) but... when it comes to endangering others lives in the streets, I would rather not be around them. I am not an angel when I ride... I speed, but you will not see me dragging knee (not that I could) around the on and off ramps or through nine turns... guess what, there are guard rails and all sorts of shit in the way. Come on Moto.. we know your a stunter and will always feel the way you do about stunting... so why bring it up or try to argue it? I will never be either... but I want to know that I won't be taken out by one of those idiot skitching (or whatever you call it) on a ride. And of course I don't want to be taken out by a kneedragger on a ride. No one said you have to be an angel when you ride, but it should be expected that one will be responsible.
In the old days when the stunters wanted to stunt, they would go ahead of the group and do their stunts and we would stay back... therefore no one endangered in the riding group... when joe smo rides by the group and disregards others in the group, then I say keep it away from me. Same thing goes for those passing me at 160 without regard.

Thank you for the debate and for me putting in my two cents.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ok so let me ask you this. You are going to Blood Mnt and the Gap. Are you not going to push the limits of your bikes?> Maybe not you, but you know others will. Are they stupid for it? No, its what they enjoy and its what they do, if the guy skitching crashed and killed himself or someone, then he is stupid but if he did it controlled and without a problem to himself or any others, he took the risk and came out fine., thats not being stupid. Was Bill Gates being stupid when he took a risk to create MS? Had it failed miserably and he lost all his money then yes, but since he succeeded he is a genius... more or less the same concept without the inherent danger factor...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
ok so let me ask you this. You are going to Blood Mnt and the Gap. Are you not going to push the limits of your bikes?> Maybe not you, but you know others will. Are they stupid for it? No, its what they enjoy and its what they do, if the guy skitching crashed and killed himself or someone, then he is stupid but if he did it controlled and without a problem to himself or any others, he took the risk and came out fine., thats not being stupid. Was Bill Gates being stupid when he took a risk to create MS? Had it failed miserably and he lost all his money then yes, but since he succeeded he is a genius... more or less the same concept without the inherent danger factor...

I don't think any one of us will be pushing anything is GA or NC... not like before. So the answer to your question about the group we are going with is "NO". And if they are going to push it, then yes they are stupid... only cause we have been there and done that and know what can happen.

You are comparing Bill Gates to apples and oranges... he is not endangering others in the world now is he?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
PS: Only NAscar drivers drive in a circle...
Motorcycle tracks are not circular. There are left and right hand turns.

Stunters go straight and only use the middle of their tires... a straight line... that's all. Miles and miles on one wheel in a straight line... sometimes drifting into other traffic...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
you tell me is MS not a monopoly of sorts?

It doesn't kill people because of irresponsibility. We are talking about two different things that cannot be compared.

and.. stunters I don't think normally go to the gap... it's not what they like to do. :banana

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Onetrick said:
PS: Only NAscar drivers drive in a circle...
Motorcycle tracks are not circular. There are left and right hand turns.

Stunters go straight and only use the middle of their tires... a straight line... that's all. Miles and miles on one wheel in a straight line... sometimes drifting into other traffic...
funny you say that as i was watching this...

http://servinitup.com/videos/sittinsidewayz.wmv

i think the tires are scrubbed pretty good here

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Onetrick said:
It doesn't kill people because of irresponsibility. We are talking about two different things that cannot be compared.

and.. stunters I don't think normally go to the gap... it's not what they like to do. :banana
youd be surprised how many stunters have racing licenses and go to the track also...

and tracks may not be circular but you go around and end up in the same place over and over and over again...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
These guys are at least not endangering anyone but themselves. Very talented in a parking lot. Hats off to them... As for the tires... scrubbed because the tires are so flat

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
youd be surprised how many stunters have racing licenses and go to the track also...

and tracks may not be circular but you go around and end up in the same place over and over and over again...

And stunters go STRAIGHT... good for those that can at least experience both and have an opinion about the track because they are on it...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Stunters go up and down a 1/4 mile strip... back and forth back and forth... hmmm.. sounds exciting.

If I could do it, I would at least try...but I am too scared out of my gore... I'm scared enough on the track

Moto... you never finish a debate about the points you make... such as Bill Gates..

You harp on the same thing over and over again... the thing about the track... and going around and around... but do you think that in a warehouse going back and forth doesn't exactly excite everyone?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts