Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
they have reverse gears? I didnt know that.

·
Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty
1,187 Posts
To back up from the burnout.
In the old days, there would be half a dozen guys to push the car back, but it was unsafe, slowed the show down too much, tires & track cooled off too much, etc.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
holy shit!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Looks like a rocket...

·
Fear-Less, Live More
1,032 Posts
I saw Top Fuel and alcohol cars inperson for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Its absolutly insane.

Great Video

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
ithicaplasma said:
I saw Top Fuel and alcohol cars inperson for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Its absolutly insane.

Great Video

Ya, they sure are. Absolutely frikken un believable. I LOVE that smell of the nitro. Smells like power! I worked at the track here when some of the fastest cars in the nation were putting on a South Pacific Championship show ender here... fawk!! Being a worked let me have access to all aeras so me and my buddy hi jacked a quad and went down the track a bit... I was part of the track emergency crew so I had use of a quad if needed) good God when the Armor All rocket car went past us going 400mph I dam near shit... We saw it leave, saw it coming, almost snapped our necks trying to watch it go past and then almost loaded our drawers when the sound wave came :eek: That was insane!!! It was past us before we heard the noise!!

That happend because the sound is projected behind it....

The fuel cars were just as impressive but way way louder!!!

The funniest thing was my friend who had several beers by halftime was with me in the pre staging aesa and we crossed to the other side between runs and he stepped in the traction patch goo LMFAO both his slippers stcuk to the ground and he had to walk in that shit trying to peel his slippers up from the glue!!! Was almost like rubber cement :eek:nfloor he was even in a short segment they showed on the nightly news. We laff about that to this day :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts