Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
They'll be just fine. Just make sure you try them on before buying them. You want them snug and not loose. (Loose leathers tear very easy)

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've worn the AGV Sport in the past and had good results. They fit well for off-the-shelf, provide good ventilation and protection. The only downside is the stitching in the crotch area needs to be a bit stronger. But overall a good suit for the money.

I would recommend the addition of CE hard armor for the elbows and forearms and loose the foam back protector for a Bohne.

Hope this helped.

Brett

·
Registered
801 Posts
I'm always up for track days. When in October? Where do I go to get more info and sign up?

Thanks

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
you're gonna have a blast - hope the track doesn't ruin your desire to ride the streets....the track seems to do that to alot of peeps...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brett, sent you a PM with the info.

badgixxer, yeah I know what you're saying. My boyfriend won't ride the streets anymore. he thinks its just straight up stupid. So I figured I'd dive into his world of riding and maybe we can share that together from time to time. I told him about it this morning and he was excited. He said he wants to sign up too and ride with me. But I love riding the streets though...not even gonna lie. I just like cruising.

·
Registered
791 Posts
someone plz enlighten me. What is so special about a track? Is it just because the curves are made to be taken at very fast speeds or what? I also dont understand why ppl like riding in "twisties" so much. WTF is up with that ??? Dont get me wrong, I think riding twisties is very exhilarating but i just dont know why it is to me.

MMMMM, I wonder how women look in those tight leather suits. I may have to go to this track meet.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
someone plz enlighten me. What is so special about a track? Is it just because the curves are made to be taken at very fast speeds or what? I also dont understand why ppl like riding in "twisties" so much. WTF is up with that ??? Dont get me wrong, I think riding twisties is very exhilarating but i just dont know why it is to me.

MMMMM, I wonder how women look in those tight leather suits. I may have to go to this track meet.
Not that I've been on a track but I'm sure it is related to the fact you can ride fast without worrying about gravel, antifreeze, oil, police, children, animals, debris, nails...etc :fiddy

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
I need you to take a deep breath, count to 3, and make some fucking sense. Then we can continue! :)

SnookayDCC said:
...Dont get me wrong, I think riding twisties is very exhilarating but i just dont know why it is to me...

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
SalKhan said:
I need you to take a deep breath, count to 3, and make some fucking sense. Then we can continue! :)

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :lao that is great !!! Sal you know snookay is a "capital Blvd Ryder!!"

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
scuffedknees said:
:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :lao that is great !!! Sal you know snookay is a "capital Blvd Ryder!!"
Oh nothing against him, I'm just confused by what he said.

Yo join my kilzub yo. There's a free Ducati sticker in it for ya...

·
Registered
791 Posts
scuffedknees said:

ahh thats messed up :upyours You know what i mean Sal. It's fun as hell to ride the twisties. BUT really all we are doing is leaning the bike to its side in a curve. I'm asking why is simply leaning a bike so fun to us... I guess our human minds luv the fact that we arnt falling on our asses while leaned so low.

Got my new tire on today, tomrrow ima hit the BP :pisson

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Oooooooooooooooooh! You were philsophizing!

Nothing on the street prepares you for the onslaught your senses recieve when on the track. And if you push as hard out in public, you're just plain stupid.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SalKhan said:
Nothing on the street prepares you for the onslaught your senses recieve when on the track. And if you push as hard out in public, you're just plain stupid.
Good wording. I've never even been on a track...just been pit crew for the past year and a half. I love just being there. I can't image how it's going to be when I actually get out there myself. I've waited years for this. :fiddy

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Make sure your chain/sprockets and tires are in good order. Nothing ruins the day more than a sloppy bike.

If you're bored you can also sand the rotors in case there is any glazing on them.

And if they don't recommend it (and I'm sure your husband already went over everything but just in case) - tape over your speedo. You don't need the distraction.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what I know so far:

Bike Preparation Requirements:

Bikes must have oil fill cap, oil drain plug and oil filter safety-wired.
Liquid cooled bikes must run water only or racing approved coolant only, no anti-freeze.
Remove mirrors, tape over all glass and lights. AND Tape over the speedometer. You do not need the speedometer on the racetrack. It is an unsafe distraction.
Tires must be Sport or Race compound with good tread depth. New tires are recommended.
Side stand and/or Center stand must be secured in the up position using safety wire or zip ties. We prefer that you remove it but it is not required. You are required to have the stands secured in the up position before going onto the racetrack.
We reserve the right to turn anyone away whose bike does not meet the above requirements. It is your responsibility to have these basic requirements done. No refunds will be given.

Rider Gear Requirements:

Rider's must have leathers (two-piece that zip into one is acceptable). 360 degree zipper around the waist to prevent gapping and serious skin injury in the event of a crash is highly recommended.
Back protector (Hard shell, sanctioned race org. approved, i.e. Dainese, Knox, Bohn, etc.)*
Leather boots or race approved boots (8 inches tall). Cordura hiking boots/ankle boots are not acceptable.
Gloves (good condition, gauntlet style with closures).
Snell or BSI approved helmet (high impact tested) less than 5 years old. The production date will be located inside the helmet (depending on the brand, it may be on a sticker inside or stamped into the leather on the helmet strap). Helmets with any visible crash damage will be rejected. Helmets are made to withstand one crash, not numerous crashes. This statement can be verified with most helmet manufacturers.
*Regarding back protectors: A soft foam liner does not qualify as a back protector. The foam liner offers little to no protection. CE armor is not much better. The hardshell type back protectors offer the most protection and are the most widely used. In the event of an accident, you need all the protection you can get. The cost of a $125-150 back protector is far better than the costs of spinal surgery and rehab.

Cordura riding suits are not allowed unless the event sponsor has made arrangements prior to the event. We reserve the right to turn anyone away whose equipment does not meet the above requirements. It is your responsibility to make sure your helmet is up to date. No refunds will be given.

What else do I bring?

Rain gear. It's a rain or shine event. (No refunds are given in the event of rain.)
Earplugs. It makes riding much more enjoyable and it's easier for you to concentrate.
Bring extra fuel but there are fuel pumps at the track.
Water, drinks and some snacks. Keep yourself hydrated and your energy up throughout the day.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think it might be different with beginner .......not sure though. they are talking about that right now.

What's the benefit of doing that with an expert rather than a beginner?
(i hope you understand that. i'm not too good with words)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Does sound kinda odd for beginners. But, it sets your mind at ease knowing that nothings gonna vibrate and fall off your bike or the person in front of you. The more you can safety wire the better (brake caliper flange bolts, front axle pinch bolts, exhaust springs, coolant hose clamps, etc.).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts