Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have to give up street riding for a couple years...

So last night i turn right onto a street near asu there is no traffic in front of me for like 3/4 of a mile., well i pop a wheelie(not even a good one) i ride it for about 50 feet. so about 1/4 mile later im stopped at a stop light i hear a bloop bloop behind me, im like wtf(dont have mirrors) so im looking around for a ambulance or something, i then look directly behind me and there are two tempe bike cops. The bike cops motion to me to pull over so i do. I get off my bike take off my helmet.gloves and jacket and instantly give him my license/regeistration/insurance, so im legal. I am being polite saying yes sir, no sir. Then his riding partner says "what are you going to give him?" then the dick cop says "Im going to give him a reckless." the dick cop then faces me and i see the other cop just hang his head down a little bit and shake his head, and then the other cops asks if he needs help and then leaves. So im talking to this cop asking him if he could have some compassion for a fellow rider and he says "What!? what the hell are you talking about?" and i said "well because we both ride motorcycles." and hes like "What?! i dont KNOW you. I dont ride with you." fuckin dick. yes i know what i did was wrong, but there was nobody around and he didnt have to give me a reckless. Now, if you dont know what a reckless is, a reckless is all 8 points of your license, which means they suspend your license for a while. now this pisses the hell out of me, because i NEED to drive to school and work, school is at least 14 miles from my house and work is 13 miles in the opposite direction of my house. If im going straight to work from school then its around 22. im so mad/sad right now. I am going to ask the judge if i can get it reduced so that i can drive to and from school and work. I know i fucked up and ill pay the price, but i REALLY need to be able to drive. :( :(

If you guys could pray that the judge has some compassion that would awesome.

so live and learn.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Damn, that's rough dude, I'm sorry. At least you played it cool with the ass cop and didn't get in more trouble.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Why do ppl always fight this shit in court by themselves, or ask, "what do i do".

Dude....get a damn lawyer, and let him handle it. You won't even have to show up in court, and chances are he'll get it reduced to faulty equipment.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Sounds like a crappy deal to me. This is one of those times where I will say if they do suspend it ride drive anyway just get a tinted face shield and don't give them a reason to pull you over.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Dude....get a damn lawyer, and let him handle it. You won't even have to show up in court, and chances are he'll get it reduced to faulty equipment.
Damn straight! This is probably going to be the best route for you.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
and you should stayed and played the posing game on Mill......

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
I sure hope you didn't admit guilt when he pulled you over. A short wheelie like that could be plead down easily I bet. Just go in and ask for PBJ if it's your first ticket, or tell them you popped the clutch on accident, and that's why it was so short. Don't take an 8pt ticket lying down. That's excessive. I know wheelies on the streets are bad, but that's a little unfair of a ticket. Two guys I was riding got wheelie tickets after doing 1\4 mile standups down the highway. They got speed exhibition, $28, and MAYBE 1pt.

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
Just get a lawyer. I spun my tires in a Camaro (not quite a burnout out but I did pretty nice) and the cop gave me wreckless operation which is 4 points in Ohio (DUI, Vehicular homicide, fleeing and eluding, etc are 6 points) It would've been 300 dollar fine plus court cost plus a 90 days supsended license. Got a lawyer and had it reduced to faulty brakes.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Truck said:
... or tell them you popped the clutch on accident ..
That sounds like your best bet to me. Having a lawyer say it for you sounds even better. Gotta wonder how many times that excuse has been used and how annoyed the judge might be to hear it again though? If it was me I'd still try that angle. It's probably you're only hope, especially if you already admitted guilt. :bitchslap

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im thinking im going to go with i let my clutch sout too fast and the front wheel rose off the ground a little.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im also going to go for i just changed sprockets(which i did) the stock gearing on my bike is 38/17 which has a ratio of 2.235 whereas the new sprockets i just installed a couple days ago are 40/16 where the ratio is 2.5. as you can see my new sprockets create alot more torque, since i wasnt use to this new gearing yet, i let the clutch out too fast and the front tire rose off the ground...

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
fengler said:
im also going to go for i just changed sprockets(which i did) the stock gearing on my bike is 38/17 which has a ratio of 2.235 whereas the new sprockets i just installed a couple days ago are 40/16 where the ratio is 2.5. as you can see my new sprockets create alot more torque, since i wasnt use to this new gearing yet, i let the clutch out too fast and the front tire rose off the ground...
I guess that might work??? But if you do that, just try to have a reciept for the sprockets proving when you bought them and showing that it was right before this ticket that way you have some proof to show the judge instead of just a story that he might think is made up. That might gelp.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill say this too The stock gearing is made for high speeds, since I do not travel in high speeds, the new gearing is perfect for going from stop light to stop light.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
justin i do have the receipt, iu just got the sprockets on the 8th and i installed them last week.

·
Registered
488 Posts
hooray for lawyers.. if he doesnt work for you.. hooray for driving on a suspended license.. I have been doin it on and off for about 4 years (I dont like to pay my tickets).. in fact, I just got it back about 2 months ago, hopefully after being suspended for the LAST time..

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Geeze Fengler, I know you well enough from your posts to know that you know better than to do something like that. You were just asking for it.

Good luck on getting it knocked down...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts