Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fuck people, i swear. had my bike stolen, was incredibly lucky and got it back, noone arrested. i get it back and put a lojack on it plus 2,000 repairs. then this morning it was stolen again by some dumbshits who dumped it on its left side. then while bringing it home, the engine died on me during the middle of a 45mph turn due to their hotwiring coming loose (i had to reconnect it to get it home again) and i crashed at 45. and on top of it, my apartment wont let me break my lease to move into an apartment with a garage, or let me park my bike inside my apartment for that matter.

fuck this shit sucks -- lojack called me afterwards, im only the 2nd person to have a lojack'd motorcycle returned in texas.

some other guy was super lucky though - he didnt have lojack on his bike and his was dumped next to mine - they found his cause i had lojack.

so now i gotta replace full body plastics plus spend some time fixing the hotwire job they did -- feel like welding the entire ignition system shut lol.

ok, i just had to bitch piss moan and groan - nevermind me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
damn brotha sorry to hear about all that........trials and tribulations of life ya know, keep ya head up though, good luck.......

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
leave it out side, stick a video cam from your apartment on it.. Grab some Red Bull, and pull a couple all nighters.. See who screws with it.. Just make sure you have some Pine Tar handy, so you dont lose your grip on your bat, as you cave in the guys kneecap

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
leave it out side, stick a video cam from your apartment on it.. Grab some Red Bull, and pull a couple all nighters.. See who screws with it.. Just make sure you have some Pine Tar handy, so you dont lose your grip on your bat, as you cave in the guys kneecap
He lives in Texas forget the bat grab a gun and start shooting. You have the right to defend your property with a gun in Texas. :urowned

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, but if hte guy lives, he can sue for unneccesary force and you'll end up in jail. only way you can defend your property is to kill someone, and i dont feel like killing anyone. as a side note, that's what the 757 is for ;p

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
drog said:
ya, but if hte guy lives, he can sue for unneccesary force and you'll end up in jail. only way you can defend your property is to kill someone, and i dont feel like killing anyone. as a side note, that's what the 757 is for ;p
yeah, isnt that complete BS???? In colorado, a guy can break into your house, and if you kill him, you are good to go.. but if the guy lives, he can sue you and take everything you own, not just your VCR and Stereo.. dont you just LOVE our legal system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Insurance won't cover anything?

What are you using for locks? The stock locks are junk, takes about 10 seconds to bypass them.

Try some theft deterrent devices (locks, alarms, etc) - sounds like they rode it away so that would probably send thieves looking for a different bike. Espcially hacks who are just looking to joyride. If they were pros, your bike would be in peices in a shop somewhere, including lojack for sale on ebay. :D

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
dude, why not rent a storage unit w/24 hour access so your shit don't get stolen? if the apt won't let you break your lease and you can't park inside, i would STRONGLY suggest the storage unit. for 30 bucks a month and your shit stays safe...hell ya, shit I'd practically send you the first month myself

·
Registered
46 Posts
Also quite effective to avoid this is a hidden/secure kill switch. If done properly, and hidden there isn't much they can do but load it up and haul it away if it won't run. Usually they will just move on to an easier one. But the storage unit isn't a bad idea either, many do that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dude, if you can get your bike into your apartment. (i.e. without anyone noticing/you live on the first floor) Don't ask just do.

Better to beg forgiveness then to ask permission....

Does the apartment have a security guard and if so any liability not disclaimed?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no security, no anything. and i've been looking into the storage unit, the problem is, they wont allow me to leave my truck sitting there all day. cant do much about that.

and i live 2nd floor.

·
Registered
324 Posts
how the heck you plannin on gettin it up to the 2nd floor?!?! and you say they put it down on its left side? hey, at least ya know someone prolly came out of the deal with some road rash....thieves don't wear full leathers when they head out to steal a bike....looks too suspicious!! :urowned lol buncha jackasses!! fuck em. keep your chin up bro.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear about the bike, at least you got it back. I would keep looking into a storage space to keep the bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry i didnt clarify - my apartment manager offered to let me move into a 2bedroom first floor apartment that was closer to the parking lot so i could keep a better eye on it. hence the parking inside thing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah i'm glad i don't have to worry about crime and stuff in my town. That sucks soo bad... I have a POS 88ex500, but it's my pride and joy. If i lived in texas and you needed someone to hold them down while you curbed them, I'd be there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
why dont u try a kryptonite wheel lock?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Get multiple systems: Xena disk lock, Scorpio alarm, and lock it down to something with a thick gauge chain. The idea is that you make is so difficult to steal, it becomes a non-target. Most theives are looking for something that's not guarded because they want a quick steal w/o anybody seeing them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts