Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would one go about over coming their shyness toward the opposite sex?? evry time an attractive lady comes around and even starts to show me a little attention i freeze up and the shyness comes out. how to overcome this??? i know some women find shyness attractive, but im not a teenager anymore im in my early 30s.... HELP!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Think of it like this, WOMEN are also HUMAN! MOST of them won't bite you. Whats there to be shy about? Just suck it up and be yourself.

Or......you can think of them as perros and just pet them and say nice things :lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Start going to the gym, or something to help boost your confidence.

Or, drink.

·
Registered
898 Posts
clearwaterms said:
okay,

THE worst that can happen is they say no. once you accept that, the rest is easy.
+1 and most of the time they won't rudely say no. Be yourself, unless you think you are a bad person with nothing to offer. If you are confident that you are a decent person with something to offer...just remember that and then be yourself. Someone will notice those good qualities...but like I said, you have to believe in you first.

Good luck :)

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Well a few hours ago I would have been giving you a whole different bunch of advice, advice that may do you a whole lot better if you like me are looking for something a little more. But since it seems it's too hard for the nicer ones among men to actually get anywhere these days, well it's time to join the crowd.

Have you seen the movie Hitch? if you havent dont watch it, it's bullshit, but heres a little of the plot for you, play the nice guy, and do things the romantic way, IE chivalry, the ability to listen, romance you'll have to jump the hoops with the hope in the end that she will a) notice you, b) be attracted to you, and c) finally give you that first kiss apparently tells women if you are the one or not.......
Whereas only one guy in the movie got it right, lie to them, dine them, and then fuck'em once your done get off and get out.....
9 times out of ten, it's all they want anyway, they are just like us, they hunt in packs with the sole reason of baggin the one they are interested in.

So if she has even noticed you, believe me she's will fuck you all you have to do is have the game to play it, and it seems all you need for that is a little confidence, and maybe a little bit of a bad streak in you, something that makes you a little more attractive than the other guy.... You got the Bike, theres part one, so pick one up, take her for a spin, if she falls off the back, she wasn't holding on tight enough and aint worth turning around to pick up... ( I dont mean literally, I'm not that bad) but I do mean use what you have. What else do you have going for you, I don't know your even too shy to tell us more about yourself...... SO you need to get over that also.
Oh here's another point, if your really that shy, start a little lower down the ladder, look for the girl who's not the center of attention, a shags a shag and the ones who don't attract the attention are pretty easy to get into, show them a little attention, and you'll be wearing them on your face in no time.....
Now quit being a pussy and get out there and do something.....
A word of warning though, if your gonna be a user, your gonna be used also, can you handle that?

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Look at it this way. Don't you feel great when someone comes upto you and says hello? They would feel the same way if you went upto them to say hello. People love attentiion, its human nature.

and having a cool bike or car doen't hurt :).

bill said:
how would one go about over coming their shyness toward the opposite sex?? evry time an attractive lady comes around and even starts to show me a little attention i freeze up and the shyness comes out. how to overcome this??? i know some women find shyness attractive, but im not a teenager anymore im in my early 30s.... HELP!!!!

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Arrite cherry here's your mission. Go get my 5 phone numbers by Thursday of next week. Just walk up to as many women as it takes and say "Are you single?" if the answer is yes say (and have a pen/paper with you) "Write your name and number/e-mail here. Oh and is this a number you'll answer?"

Now get out there wuss!!

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
The single biggest exercise to get over something is to practice it every day.

Try this........... Everywhere you go, every woman that you see that doesnt have a man on her arm, just say "hi" or "how are you doing?" and go about your business. Make eye contact with them all if you can.

You will notice a trend develop. The ones that find you attractive initially will smile big and keep eye contact while responding. The ones that do this, talk to them about everything and nothing. Small talk. Nothing serious, no asking for numbers or dates. Just chatting.

Once you get over the hurdle of talking in general, you will be able to smoothly transition into your next step of chatting up some hotties.

Its the same thing as a rock star or public speaker. They all at one time started with maybe 3 or 4 people as an audiance and can now go up in front of many thousands of people. Instead of fear nagging at them they have motivation and excitement.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Don't think of her as a pretty woman, just think and talk to her as if she were a friend, that relaxes you and her, and takes away the anxiety. Chances are she is going to want to be friends with you first anyway so you may as well approach as such.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
This is pretty much the hardest thing to overcome...it takes a bit of practice. Like bugeyed just said, act like she's a friend. I used to notice, the chicks I had no romantic interest in, i.e.-taken chicks, fat chicks, ugly chicks (sorry if that's offensive to anyone)....I was very comfortable with. But hot single chicks, I freaked. It's something you have to put a conscious effort into....you gotta realize that they're NOT watching your every move, there AREN'T cameras everywhere, NOBODY'S gonna make fun of you, you AREN'T making a complete ass of yourself... Once you get over all the little narcissistic anxieties, conversation and pleasantries will flow naturally. Hell I got over my bad anxieties in just the past, say, two months by doing this....and I have to say it's one of the best things I've done in my entire life. My confidence level is through the roof now....it's really an incredible feeling.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i tried using some of the advise last week and so far it has been easier to strike up a conversation, now to move on to the next step, getting the digits :)

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
bill said:
well i tried using some of the advise last week and so far it has been easier to strike up a conversation, now to move on to the next step, getting the digits :)

Getting digits/e-mail can be a challange. you have 3 minutes to accomplish this particular mission per person you talk to. aim for e-mail as a primary since it's a bit less personal.

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
Do you have any female friends? If you can talk to them, try the same strategy with the new females.

Try not to view every encounter as a potential sexual encounter, because that will definitely make you nervous and freeze up. Just try to be friendly, not cool. Once you become friends, one thing might lead to another, who knows.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
something that has helped me, is the saying "fuck it, you only live once" after i realized that every day i do nothing is a complete and utter waste. you said urself that your in ur early 30's thats even more of a reason to use my motto. and yes alcohol does give you liquid courage, but too much of it can make u seem like a douche. Also as other people have said, women are humans too. Just walk up to someone and say "hows it going?" if they seem interestred in the least bit, i.e. not saying get out of here loser, then see if they would like to get some coffee(i like this because its very in-formal and pretty chill). good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts