Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order FAZR6's FE and have been looking at getting new turn signals. I was looking at Shock Racing www.shockracing.com mini 1 LED for the back and front along with the POD mod and bubmrtn's LED taillight with turn signals. Also considering using flush mounts for the front like these below instead of the mini 1. Like to see what everyone else has done. Pictures are great!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ram, where did you find the flushmounts pictured in your .bmp?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have the Shock Racing mini 1 LED signals on my bike (front&back). If you want pics I'm sure I can find some and post. Only thing is you need 1 pack of signal place adapters (I know targa makes them) and 4 washers to use the signals.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I too would like to see pictures of the turn signals.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
greatzippy said:
I have the Shock Racing mini 1 LED signals on my bike (front&back). If you want pics I'm sure I can find some and post. Only thing is you need 1 pack of signal place adapters (I know targa makes them) and 4 washers to use the signals.
Picts would be great!! I was looking at the light spacers (adapters) that Chaparral has in their new catalog. They don't list one for the FZ6... Would the R6 fit?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
segue00 said:
If anyone finds a "DOT" approved flush mount especially LED ones, please let me know.
I doubt you'll ever find a DOT approved flush mount ..... but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
RamCutter said:
They don't list one for the FZ6... Would the R6 fit?
Don't quote me on it but I would say yes. I don't see a reason why the R6 ones wouldn't work, the stock signals are practically identical is I'm not mistaken.
Manufacturer = Targa
Bike Type = Sportbike
Category = Turnsignal adapter plates or part number 70-250BK for yamaha
If you wanted to do all 4 signals with this kit you will need two of them. Or you can get 1 kit and cheat like I did. I picked up four 3/8" x 1 1/2" washers from home depot, sprayed them black, and used those behind the fairing. You can't even see them so nobody will ever know anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine are still the stock ones.
I was thinking of moving them upwards.. like in... Under the passenger handlebar.
I've seen a FZ6 with the TS there.

As for the front TS.. I don't have a clue... my bike is the Naked one... so there isn't much place to attach them.

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
They only flsuh mounts I would consider ar Greggs, Graves and Watsens. Alot of the others, especially those universal ones, are crappy.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The watsons are sweet. I mounted some flush mounts (not watsons) on the rear seat cowlings and they are vary visible. Legalitys will probably differ state to state, but the two cops i know here in Oregon said they thought they were legal. Our law says "visible for X feet behind the vehicle...I don't have pics on this computer but I could post some later.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have Watsen Designs flushmounts up front and on the back I have an integrated taillight/turn signals that was custom built for me by MD Wright. I have videos of both on my website . I love both of them and the Watsens are very bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you get your Watsens and which ones did you use? The only ones I could find for a Yamaha where for the R1. I really like the look and would love to get a pair.

·
Registered
819 Posts
nice lights fellas, i ain't slagin yous out but why in the hell would you want smaller indicators on a bike (i know they look cool). i see it as increasing the chances of someone pulling out in front of you. IMO i wouldn't want anything smaller then the stock lights.
the b***** the better saves the old granny having to explain to the cop that i wasn't indercating to turn, but which i was actually doing... but she couldnt see it cause it was a flush mount...

just my 2 cent fellas...

:popcorn

·
Registered
853 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
pigrat said:
nice lights fellas, i ain't slagin yous out but why in the hell would you want smaller indicators on a bike (i know they look cool). i see it as increasing the chances of someone pulling out in front of you. IMO i wouldn't want anything smaller then the stock lights.
the b***** the better saves the old granny having to explain to the cop that i wasn't indercating to turn, but which i was actually doing... but she couldnt see it cause it was a flush mount...
:popcorn
Hate to say it but here in NJ I could have signals as large & bright as my headlights and people still wouldn't see me. Seems like whatever I do people don't see me ...... frankly I think they just don't care. The mentality here is more "if you hit my I'll just sue" instead of trying to avoid an accident.
People are more concerned about talkin on the phone, eating, drinkin, readin books/papers, checkin make-up, shaving, ect. then they are about driving that 5K+ pound auto.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the pics guys. Still undecided but will post some pictures when I decide and get them. Pretty sure I'll get the mini 1 for the back just not sure about the front. I'd like to get the Watsen but their more than I want to spend for turn signals. Maybe the mini 4 or mini 6.

Keep those ideas and pictures commin'. If I keep modding at this rate I should be divorced soon. :chair

1 - 20 of 48 Posts