Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked Binary Jay's bad weather rides thread. It kinda gives you a glimpse of other FZ rider's vehicular lives. LOL

Here's one along the same lines (I don't think this has been done before on this forum, forgive me if it has). Let's see what has brought us to where we are now... post up some pics of your past bikes. Here's my Lil' Ninja. I got the mod bug first with it.

Mods: 1995-1997 gpz1100 mirrors, decals stripped, lights in empty pods, Back-Off brake light modulator, Cobra F1s, lit undertail and pipes, clear running lights (in place of yellow reflectors), clear turn signals, fender eliminated, red LEDs in rear, standard tank protector...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well, I doubt I have any pics of it but the bike I had before the FZ6 was a 1994 Yamaha Seca II XJ600. That bike was basically the equivalent of the FZ6 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The horror show:

'79 KZ 440 LTD (no picture), '86 Rebel, '99 Nighthawk (no picture), '02 Blast.

Attachments

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
karst said:
The horror show:
'79 KZ 440 LTD (no picture), '86 Rebel, '99 Nighthawk (no picture), '02 Blast.

Just out of curiosity, what's your impression of the Blast?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It was fun, buzzy but powerful, too small (I'm pretty tall), and not something to take on the highway. Because it was the first bike I'd ever ridden with any power, and a thumper, I consistently lost traction on the rear when shifting. It was also surprisingly heavy. I wouldn't buy one, but it might be the right bike for someone else.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts

1985 Honda VF1000R. How I miss thee. I wish I still had a real pic of her.

·
Registered
622 Posts
ahh, the memories

Just look at my avatar, i.e., a 1986 Yamaha Radian 600cc. Previously, I'd had a 1976 (or so) 500cc Yamaha thumper, a 1968 Triumph Bonneville, a 1968 Bultaco Pursang, a 1966 BSA Victor, and a 1963 Honda Hawk.

·
Registered
145 Posts
here's mine

2000 Honda Shadow ACE ... I did trips to Sturgis and Daytona on this bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,335 Posts

82 KZ550 A3. Bought it for $400, put about $100 into it, and she's still running strong. Selling her for $400 to a coworker, once he gets off his ass and pays me.

I had an 86 XR200, but don't have any pictures of it on this computer.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Honda CD-125, a very very long time ago. (Used mainly for off-roading).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
FZSilver said:
2001 XT225, dont have a picture of my bike but it looked just like this one.

A friend of mine had a TW200 as his first bike. With that big fat rear tire, it was a DOG on the mud. Got pretty good at riding that thing too!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
04Fizzer said:
A friend of mine had a TW200 as his first bike. With that big fat rear tire, it was a DOG on the mud. Got pretty good at riding that thing too!
Haha, that tire on the TW200 looks like a giant inner tube. :lol Dual purpose bikes sure are fun to ride. You get to take the twistys on the street to go ride in the dirt. I wish I kept it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just like Greatzippy, I had a Yamaha Seca II, mine a '92. He's got it exactly right - the FZ6 is indeed simply a new version of that bike - its just a tiny bit more powerful and just a little bit more refined, eh Greatzippy?

jZ

Attachments

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
FZSilver said:
Haha, that tire on the TW200 looks like a giant inner tube. :lol Dual purpose bikes sure are fun to ride. You get to take the twistys on the street to go ride in the dirt. I wish I kept it.
It was the first bike I "legally" rode on the street. Well, the bike was legal to be there, but I didn't have my license OR permit. It was a little scary being 16 and doing something like that. I just had to be careful about what I did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't find any pics but I've had a few. I think one of my favs was a '92 Honda CB750 Nighthawk. I wish I still had it. Heck, I loved all my bikes, who am I kidding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
1974 Kawasaki 90 MC1, 1981 CR 80, 1978 Suzuki PE 175, 1989 CR250, 1994 YZ250, 1990 GS500E, 1991 GS500E, 2004 FZ6, 1979 YZ125.

I have enjoyed owning all of the bikes, but always seemed to get an itch after about a year to get a new one. Dont really have that with th FZ.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Heres my old '77 KZ1000. This is about '82.
That bike would power slide out of corners on the street.
Duals discs(came w/single), RB Racing header, blue goose coils and jetted.
I was mostly busy riding & drinking back then, not taking pics!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts