Sport Bikes banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I prefer the 1st gen due to it's lighter weight, better fuel efficiency and more practical design. The 2nd gen looks better by in some people's eyes, but it's more squid-worthy than daily ride to me.
I like both. I have been hanging out on the 250 forum because thats the next bike I'm going to buy. The wife wants to learn to ride so thats what she is getting. I think I'll get her the gen 1 because its cheaper and parts are cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 03 Ninja 250

I just got this 2003 Ninja 250 with 3550 miles on it. Its my 2nd bike but I hadn't rode in about 7 years so wanted to get something small to learn on again. I really like it a lot but keep wishing I would have got a new one. HAHA.

Attachments

·
Vampire
594 Posts
:D Picked this one up last week, 05 Ninja 250, little over 3200 mi. with busted front fender, bent clutch lever, ripped seat, bald rear tire, small dent on tank/exhaust, small crack on tail fairing, been sitting for a while and stmbles to start, would not idle...
I truck it home, drain tank, put in fresh fuel mixed with Seafoam, 1/2 hours later it idles & runs like a champ... I already put over 60 miles on it with the bald rear tire..:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey can anyone help me? IM looking to modify my 250r ninja exhaust. im trying to figure out how i can put a hotbodies r6/gsxr600 megaphone exhaust on my bike. maybe by using exhaust reducers or something to that effect to deal with the pipe diameter problem. all i need is the dimensions.. or for someone to teach me how to do it. or something

·
Registered
859 Posts
keep the 250s coming. great starting bikes. and the new ones look GREAT for 250s

·
Registered
124 Posts
I personally would never modify a low end bike just a waste of money.

·
Registered
859 Posts
some people will keep the 250 forever. the older 250s just work. they dont break for anything. i was planning on getting a 250 ad upgrading it to make it look cool. but i got my r1 for speed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are some pictures of my 09' SE Ninja 250R... had to upload to photobucket as my pics here haven't been "approved" yet:

and a list of my current modifications:

Completed Installed Mods:
Michelin Pilot One Tires 150/60 Rear 110/70 Front
Vesrah JL Front Brake Pads
Spiegler Front Brake Line Kit
Puig Dark Smoke Double Bubble
Woodcraft Clipons
Pazzo Adjustable Shorty Levers
Pro Grip Art 725 Evo MX Grips
Sato Racing Long Style Bar Ends
Proton Flushmount Turn Signals
Customized AreaP/Dynojet Kit