Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for posting pictures and modifications of your 2008 Ninja 250. If you purchase a product for the new 2008 Ninja 250 please insure you post where and how much you paid for the part. Regards, Jay

·
Registered
14 Posts
From my ride yesterday on the Angeles Crest Hwy in LA. The photographer from kneedragger snapped this awesome photo :) SIDENOTE ** Love shot three Rockjunkie

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool! What color was the bike originally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got this one in red :) This weekend I am going to attempt to remove the rear fender and take pictures as I go and hopefully get a good step by step on how to cut and remount the brackets/rear light. I have never fabricated anything ever so it should be interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
no new pics? common now?!

More updated shots tomorrow morning :) I've explained a lot of things too many times to count in regards to my bike, but here's the cliff notes version:

1) The carbon fiber rear hugger was imported from A-Tech in Japan using a buying proxy called Rinkya in the states. Price (shipped and after fees was about $395)
2) The sliders are available directly from Intuitive racing (Part No. FS-88). You can order them direct by shooting them an email.
3) The flat black + flat clear paint accent cost me $120 per side.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the new bike. Since you took the MSF course I'm hoping you want to be a safe rider. That means all your gear all the time. Get the right riding jacket,pants, gloves and boots too. You couldn't get me to swing my leg over the seat without any of them and definitely not with a helmet. Ride safe.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Here is my "new" 1989 250, bought as a training bike for my son and wife. Picked it up for $350, but needs some carb work for starters, then a new front tire (probably just get both). The 'top' seat is from my bike, which is disassembled right now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here is my 250. Not the nice new body style like most of them that are posted on here, but for a first bike I don't really care. Got it Wed. of last week, so haven't had it too long.

And for mods, not much. Carbon fiber flushmount turn signals and carbon fiber brake and clutch levers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I finally made the deal with my friend on March 28, 2009. Purchased a Black 2008 Ninja 250R with 2292 miles on it for $3000.00 for my wife. The bike was very gently used. Not a scratch on her. Mods to date include a DIY fender chop, 13.9 oz Stainless Steel bar ends from HVMP.com, grip puppies from California Sport Touring.com, LP swingarm spools. I also changed the oil and filter. Switched over to K&N filter KN-401 and Mobil 1 4T Racing 10W40 full synthetic oil.

Future mods will include the following:

Galfer Stainless braided brake lines front and rear
Galfer HH brake pads front and Galfer (Black) brake pads on the rear
Pazzo Levers
Intuitive Frame Sliders
Intuitive Swingarm Spools
Yoshimura TRC Stainless Steel Slip-on
Puig Racing Double Bubble Windscreen
Targa Fender Eliminator Kit
SW-Motech Mirror extenders
OEM Kawasaki Paint Matched Solo Seat Cowl
K&N air filter