Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,900 Posts
Have you tried increasing the precharge??? Thats what I did to increase my cruiser's ground clearance. I love my cruiser to ride with my GF, she hates the back of my 150cc bike, the problem is that the road I take to get to her house must be taken really slow on the cruiser as it can lean for crap, I even broke the exhausts because of scraping them!!! :eek:

Increased the precharge as much as my back could handle and now that road is rideable, still can't go as fast as in my 150, but I'm not scraping everything most of the time.

What part of the bike is touching the ground??? There are some parts that can be modified to give a little bit more clearance.

· Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,900 Posts
Just one question. How much money would you lose by trading it in???

I remember that you got that bike a couple of months ago, I think you're going to lose a lot of money on an almost brand new bike!
No, I wouldn't trade it in. You are going to miss it everytime you want to ride 2up, you are going to lose a lot of money, and your GF is going to kill you if she knows how much money you blew on a bike she can't ride on!

Learn to live with it, wait until you're settled with your soon to be wife, and then start saving / finance a new sportbike. Having a cruiser and a sportbike is the BEST choice if your GF likes riding with you. Even at some point she could ride one of the bikes and you the other, so 2 bikes = good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.