Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 03 cbr600rr, would I have trouble switching to a hayabusa? Would I be happy with the choice if I no longer had my honda? I dont know if I can aford both and think a busa would serve me well for more comfort and longer rides and hopefully not give to much performance up in the corners? :)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
screwsloose said:
I ride a 03 cbr600rr, would I have trouble switching to a hayabusa? Would I be happy with the choice if I no longer had my honda? I dont know if I can aford both and think a busa would serve me well for more comfort and longer rides and hopefully not give to much performance up in the corners? :)
Are you a canyon rider, street rider or parking lot pimp? If you just like cruising or str8 dragging you will enjoy the Busa

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
from a 600cc-1300cc bike..hummmmmmmmmmmm i would maybe go to a 750cc or 1000cc cuz of the wieght factor

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to have an '01 F4I, and recently picked up a new busa. Let me tell you...she kicks ass!!!

It's a big move...but if you can handle it....it's well worth it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have an 03 600rr and my friends dad has an 05 busa. Big difference ergonomically )more comfort on the busa(. Power wise it is also a big difference. The concept of riding any sportbike is the same so jumping up from a 600 to 1300 isn't too bad. I actually went from a 929 to a 600rr just for the corners. but you don't really have to worry about looping it if that's what you are afraid of. You can launch that think almost full throttle because it is so heavy. Definately a good choice if you are just a highway rider, but if you really like laying into the corners I'd keep the rr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well ur going to give up some corning abilty but u should be able to keep up with 750 and the 1000 in the corner once uv learned the bike

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Daytona said:
well ur going to give up some corning abilty but u should be able to keep up with 750 and the 1000 in the corner once uv learned the bike
The 'Busa is a great bike! It CAN handle turns, but it's never going to corner like a top shelf litre bike or 750.
The 'Busa is at least three generations and 100 pounds away from from those bikes.

But coming from an '03 600RR you shouldn't notice much difference. Oh, except the power... :)
The '03 600RR weighs more than the Honda '02 954!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i've see a busa corner crazy that i personally couldnt believe ..

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
screwsloose said:
You will love the Busa and never look back! It's the Lexus of sportbikes on steroids! So comfortable and smooth with blinding acceleration that will put a smile on your face you can't wipe off.

On the interstate at 100 mph the engine is turning 5200 rpm. It's not even trying! Just cruising! You get the feeling that you could ride all day for hours on end at that speed. Not that I recommend it but you could.

As for cornering, don't beleive the myths and rumors. Although it may be big, it will surprise you how well it can corner! You'll have to get used to it but once you do, you'll agree, it handles quite well! Surprisingly well!!!

On a scale of 1-10, this bike gets a 10! It does everything well! I've got no complaints with mine and would buy another one in a heartbeat! It's an awesome bike!!!!!!

BTW, If you buy one, please post your feedback and thoughts!

·
Registered
34 Posts
bbqb4racin said:
You will love the Busa and never look back! It's the Lexus of sportbikes on steroids! So comfortable and smooth with blinding acceleration that will put a smile on your face you can't wipe off.

On a scale of 1-10, this bike gets a 10! It does everything well! I've got no complaints with mine and would buy another one in a heartbeat! It's an awesome bike!!!!!!

I second that...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a 600 and really liked the size, but not the lack of torque. After spending some time on an older heavier ZX-9R, I really missed the nimbleness of my old 600, but loved the extra torque. I plan on getting a GXSR1000 soon so I can have the best of both.
If you really like the way your 600 handles then you will probably think the busa is a tank.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Yuck. Why would you want to trade in a gorgeous looking SS for the ugliest thing on two wheels? Get an GSX1000 or a 1KRR but don't get a 'Busa.

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
mikem317 said:
Yuck. Why would you want to trade in a gorgeous looking SS for the ugliest thing on two wheels? Get an GSX1000 or a 1KRR but don't get a 'Busa.
Why even comment on 3 bikes that you don't own? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
252 Posts
screwsloose said:
Get a TLR1000 I think you would regret getting a busa, very heavy going around corners, beautiful bikes for cruising, but for cornering not so good, well of course it depends on the riders, I just seen a couple of guy drop theirs while attemping low speed cornering. :cheers

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
bbqb4racin said:
What's that have to do w/ the price of tea in China? It's not a requisite to own something to comment on it. That would be a $13,000 mistake! Sheesh! :bitchslap

·
Registered
344 Posts
id start with a gixxer 750 but if you are ready for a busa and think you can handle it go ahead and go with the busa. whatever you decide let us know and post up some pics of your new bike.

·
Registered
376 Posts
bbqb4racin said:

Busa's look like Big Pimples.. Any SS is an overkill for the street and are all still fast as fock. A busa, while the extra speed would be fun I guess, is pointless IMO. Something that will either get you in MORE trouble, or killed easier. My next bike will be the RR, most likely the 600 too.

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
Geez...............I thought the guy wanted a few people to answer his questions about Busa's. You know, from people that actually OWN AND RIDE one!

But........I guess you guys are the know it all experts..........continue on :eek:nfloor

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
BluFireF4 said:
Busa's look like Big Pimples.. Any SS is an overkill for the street and are all still fast as fock. A busa, while the extra speed would be fun I guess, is pointless IMO. Something that will either get you in MORE trouble, or killed easier. My next bike will be the RR, most likely the 600 too.
Eh, if the guy want's to go to liter or liter plus let him. If I had the $ and could afford the ins. I would def. go liter. I would consider a GSX-1000 over a 'Busa, if I had a gun to my head. Just IMO.

Damn straight we are the fucking experts, bitch! :lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts