Sport Bikes banner

Should I let the women wear my gear?

1K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  climb21cj 
#1 ·
When riding 2 up.....

Ive been thinking, if im gonna swirl someones skin on the pavement Id rather it be mine than hers :eek:

#5 ·
ahm...

I think any man who expects to ride girls on his bike on a given day, should ride with his spare helmet.

I think is you have a girlfriend, or a girl you plan to spend a lot of the day riding with, you should show up with the extra helmet and an extra jacket, or, you should have her drive to your house so she can put the gear on, then leave.

So try to save up to buy extra helmet, and extra jacket. I personaly won't be riding anyone on my bike who doesn't have their own helmet, if it's a guy that thinks he's tough, it's up to him, still, but i am not buying an extra helmet for anybody.

(i am too new to ride people anyway, but when i do start...)

#6 ·
Brownilus said:
ahm...

I think any man who expects to ride girls on his bike on a given day, should ride with his spare helmet.

I think is you have a girlfriend, or a girl you plan to spend a lot of the day riding with, you should show up with the extra helmet and an extra jacket, or, you should have her drive to your house so she can put the gear on, then leave.

So try to save up to buy extra helmet, and extra jacket. I personaly won't be riding anyone on my bike who doesn't have their own helmet, if it's a guy that thinks he's tough, it's up to him, still, but i am not buying an extra helmet for anybody.

(i am too new to ride people anyway, but when i do start...)
Im gonna have to be the tough guy tonight, hope I dont biff.....

#7 ·
I always Insist that the girl wears the gear. If I'm only packing one helmet, I'll always get the "I dont want to, it's going to mess up my hair" but I tell them it's state law (even though in Ohio it's not) and that usually settles it. Also, I'll get a lot of girls that want to get on wearing shorts/short skirts/tanktops. . . and most get mad when I make them change or they're not getting on. Long Jeans, Tennis shoes, long sleeves (prefreably a track jacket in lieu of an armored leather one) The other night I refused to let a girl get on after the bar because she had on a short skirt and a tanktop. I was kinda pissed when my buddy then just let her on his how she was :mad: Although it was hard to hold it against him, she did have huge boobs :slaugh

#8 ·
H2Omax1 said:
I always Insist that the girl wears the gear. If I'm only packing one helmet, I'll always get the "I dont want to, it's going to mess up my hair" but I tell them it's state law (even though in Ohio it's not) and that usually settles it. Also, I'll get a lot of girls that want to get on wearing shorts/short skirts/tanktops. . . and most get mad when I make them change or they're not getting on. Long Jeans, Tennis shoes, long sleeves (prefreably a track jacket in lieu of an armored leather one) The other night I refused to let a girl get on after the bar because she had on a short skirt and a tanktop. I was kinda pissed when my buddy then just let her on his how she was :mad: Although it was hard to hold it against him, she did have huge boobs :slaugh
What is the law In ohio?

Im a motorcycle novice so I have to wear a helmet for a year......

#11 ·
Ahhh, this came up last year I think.... I bought my GF the Suomy Spec 1R Flowers helmet, a Rocket Cleo jacket, gloves, Sidi Rose boots. She's covered.

If she's not geared for a tumble the same way you are, you suck. Simple. (j/k.. no really).... :):)

#12 ·
the law in Ohio is that you have to wear a helmet 1 year after getting your M endorsement. after that eye protection is the only requirement. so glasses will do. the people with helmets use the visor or glasses as eye protection. if you ride with a helmet with the visor up and no glasses, you can be cited. the passenger is required to have eye protection as well.

this info is in the motorcycle laws manual you were supposed to read from the DMV.

#13 ·
H2Omax1 said:

So who got the prize?

#14 ·
ill give my riders my mesh jacket and my racing gloves and an older smaller shoei helmet. i then wear my leather jacket(Which is too big for the girls, the mesh is smaller) and some farm gloves and my normal helmet.

#16 ·
Brownilus said:
A guy riding bitch, hmmm???? :bitchslap Your best bets to have gear for both riders, I will always gear up my gf(her stepdads an avid gun collector and NRA member :urowned ) or whoever before they get on, period.

#18 ·
Give the girl the gear. You would feel like shit if you went down and you were fine and they wern't. I woun't let Yamagirl ride if she don't put her gear on. But thats me. I really don't like any one on the back to start with any way. I like to ride hard.

#19 ·
hozhead said:
So who got the prize?

The girl did, she got to ride on the bike and didnt have to drop the draws.

I dont see what the issue is. Your bike, 1 helmet, 1 jacket, 1 pair of gloves, YOU wear them. If it's not ur wife F em. Tell em straight up if we crashed ur body is ... :urowned.

Why would you ride without a helmet and ur supposed to be watching the road n stuff. I wear glasses and cant go over 20 mph without the wind killing my eyes.

I recently had 2 different girls want a ride. 1 chic i want to F, but damn it just told em straight up. If you make me crash it be your ass. Giving her my suit never even crossed my mind.

#20 · (Edited)
Travis71902 said:
A guy riding bitch, hmmm???? :bitchslap Your best bets to have gear for both riders, I will always gear up my gf(her stepdads an avid gun collector and NRA member :urowned ) or whoever before they get on, period.
LMAO @ how knowing what her stepfathr does for a hobby makes you do the right thing!

men make me LAUGH... :D

PS... I use to think the same thing you said about guys riding behind me! I still kind of do...but a guy explained it to me last night: they like to be back there so they can push up on the girl's ass (he made the motion of pushing the pelvis forward)...i hadn't thought of that, i just always pictured it as a feminine position to be holding on tight back there, and also groupie-ish activity to walk up to strangers and ask for a ride on their bike (in my case men offer it to me, and only if i am already friends with them do i ask, i don't ask strangers)...so i found the whole concept of a strange man walking up to me with stars in his eyes asking to get a ride kind of...well, gay.

Now i know though what the real thrill is...hmpf... :rolleyes

#21 ·
Slappy said:
Im gonna have to be the tough guy tonight, hope I dont biff.....
no no no, that wasn't to you, that was saying "if the guy that wants to ride behind me thinks HE'S tough enough to get on without protection, it's up to him"

damn, that now sounds STILL wrong in a whole different way.

lol. i give up. dammit, you all know what i meant...

#22 ·
Josh D said:
Yes you should.

That said, from my experience they won't want to wear that crap b/c they don't understand what can happen to them.

My current bike now has no rear seat and no passenger pegs, so I avoid the issue all together.
Is it that bad? As in did you take the rear seat and the pegs off to have a good excuse to tell the girls no, or did you just happen to take them off for other reasons and not being able to ride girls is a desired side effect? You really don't like riding girls (on the bike)? In all honesty i didn't realize how serious the decision to take on a passenger is till i started learning the physics of controlling a bike myself...the slightest movement can throw things off...that is definitely something i had no clue about as passenger, i just knew i was very good at following instructions, which seemed simple enough "lean when i lean, look in the direction i'm leaning, and don't move, otherwise while the bike's moving"...one guy last night was telling me that he does NOT just ride a girl on his bike because she's cute, he sees first if she can follow directions and LISTEN to him, if he is 2 minutes up the road and she doesn't lean when he said to lean, he turns around and takes her back. Sometimes he can tell she is not good with instructions before she gets on...and sometimes he doesn't feel like it.

Knowing what i know now, i finally understand. Riding a bike looks easy til youknow what is involved in making a smooth turn and making smooth stops and takeoffs, and leaning the bike looks cool until you learn that the reason it is done has very little to do with cool and very much to do with staying on the bike and the bike staying off it's side and on the road...the last thing a biker really needs is some baggage holding on to them and dragging their control and concentration all over the place...

But seriously, where bikers hang out, girls will be, and i doubt men are riding out for the night with a spare jacket. A spare helmet, yes, if they had themoney to get a spare, but a jacket? And if the girl is in her heels...

#23 ·
Brownilus,

The bike had no seat and no pegs when I bought it. There is only 1 way to install pass. pegs with my exhaust, and that is to buy a $200 set of brackets, and I believe (but not 100% sure) drill into the band that goes around the $1300+ set of cans on the bike. Not to mention that a rear seat would cost me probably $50, and another $30+ for the pegs. So it would cost me about $300 to get set up for a passenger.

I do like giving rides to some girls. I've had a few which were awesome, and some which about killed me, when they leaned the wrong way in a corner despite my direction. Also, the thing that bothered me most was a lot of the girls that asked for rides weigh as much as I do (175lbs). Most of the time they were overweight, but some were just athletic. In either case, I'm tall and slim, and putting almost another 200lbs on the back of a 600cc supersport machine just wasn't very fun.

All in all, yes, I did enjoy giving SOME girls rides on the bike. The ones that were fun were REALLY fun. However, I just don't think it's worth it as a whole, and I've had a change of heart where motorcycling is more personal to me, especially after my wreck where I nearly died. Besides, seat cowls look a helluva lot better than passenger seats IMO, and I'm not gonna ride home an hour, put on the seat, and back an hour to give a girl a ride.

Also, I'm sure the sound of my pipes would get them so wet before they got on the bike that it would be hazardous to my paint anyway :lol

#26 ·
Josh D said:
Brownilus,

The bike had no seat and no pegs when I bought it. There is only 1 way to install pass. pegs with my exhaust, and that is to buy a $200 set of brackets, and I believe (but not 100% sure) drill into the band that goes around the $1300+ set of cans on the bike. Not to mention that a rear seat would cost me probably $50, and another $30+ for the pegs. So it would cost me about $300 to get set up for a passenger.

I do like giving rides to some girls. I've had a few which were awesome, and some which about killed me, when they leaned the wrong way in a corner despite my direction. Also, the thing that bothered me most was a lot of the girls that asked for rides weigh as much as I do (175lbs). Most of the time they were overweight, but some were just athletic. In either case, I'm tall and slim, and putting almost another 200lbs on the back of a 600cc supersport machine just wasn't very fun.

All in all, yes, I did enjoy giving SOME girls rides on the bike. The ones that were fun were REALLY fun. However, I just don't think it's worth it as a whole, and I've had a change of heart where motorcycling is more personal to me, especially after my wreck where I nearly died. Besides, seat cowls look a helluva lot better than passenger seats IMO, and I'm not gonna ride home an hour, put on the seat, and back an hour to give a girl a ride.

Also, I'm sure the sound of my pipes would get them so wet before they got on the bike that it would be hazardous to my paint anyway :lol

Lol. I kinda figured it was some big deal modifications that has your bike all selfish now (one rider only). (j/k)

Far as weight, yeah, i guess it would save you a slap or a cuss or 2 to NOT have to explain that unlike a car, a bike has weight limits...but a bike can take what, 400 or so pounds total? I think sometimes a man's concept of what 175 lbs looks like on a woman is very different from reality. She might look overweight for her height but even with the overweight, be only 150...but you're right, better safe than try to be equal opportunity and end up sorry.

That's another thing i DEFINITELY didn't understand before learning to ride my own, that a change in the weight on the bike is a big change in bike control and handling...i've never been told i can't ride with a guy unless he doesn't have a spare and his friends don't either (helmet), but i have heard guys on bike week sites and such complaining about the fat girls that want to get on the bike, and some of the girls were saying well, just tell them no in a nice way, don't do like some of the men do and get rude about the reason why, cause even if it's true and it has good logic behind it, you know how it goes if you are saying to a female, "You're too big to ride on my bike..." :D

Lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao@ the sound of the pipe...

Some pipes do sound quite sexy...like a lion or something...one guy at a bike night watched my friend clear crowds out of his way in the parking lot by one rev of his bike, and complained that he has pipes on his bike and the crowd doesn't budge when HE does that...I thought it was funny, the girls that like to pose off in the direct path of traffic just moved without even looking first when he rolled up and sounded off to get them out the way.

:lol I don't know when i'll be able to afford a real exhaust... sigh. I sound like a church mouse out there...but i'm hard to miss anyway...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.