Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lucky enough to have a really fun road between me and work that a lot of ppl ride to learn the basics of riding, well I left work the other day and right after I got into the twisties I came up on a girl riding a 250 rebel, so I slowed down and by the way she was riding the bike I could tell she was just learning so I was find with taking it a little slow and backed off of her to not make her feel to nervous but the further we got down the road she seemed to have gotten worse, I couldn't tell if she was just paying to much attention to me riding behind her or if she was just getting tired, I thought about passing but I was afraid to make it worse well about 3 miles later she slows way down and waves me by to pass so I do.
Would you guys have passed her sooner? I didn't mind going a lot slower then normal because you do get to enjoy other things when you slow down even on roads that you ride almost everyday, but I didn't want to make her nervous either.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I probably would have, just zipped by before she realised you were behind her.. Maybe would have made her a lil less nervous.. Its a judgement call though..you prob did the right thing. Anyway, she told ya what she wanted you to do.. So props to her and to you for safe ridin.. :phatyo

·
Registered
966 Posts
Like they say durring track days, if you have to think about passing someone, you shouldnt do it. And second why were you in a hurry to pass her, she might of been a supermodel, and possibly your next wife....you sould of followed her and talked to her!!!:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
njssli22 said:
I probably would have, just zipped by before she realised you were behind her.. Maybe would have made her a lil less nervous.. Its a judgement call though..you prob did the right thing. Anyway, she told ya what she wanted you to do.. So props to her and to you for safe ridin.. :phatyo
So your saying "zipp" passed her before she knows you there...then you end up spooking the rider....not the greatest idea. :bitchslap If you going to pass anyone on the street, make sure the person knows your there.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
chsnprodigy said:
So your saying "zipp" passed her before she knows you there...then you end up spooking the rider....not the greatest idea. :bitchslap If you going to pass anyone on the street, make sure the person knows your there.
AGREED :cheers :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
488 Posts
ok ok so when i said zip, i didnt mean literally just ZIP by her.. but dont hang around behind, let her know your there and then pass.. Before she knows your there meant before she has time to get nervous about it.. I shouldnt assume you know what im talkin about.. it makes an ASS out of U and ME.. :beer :bitchslap

·
Registered
966 Posts
njssli22 said:
ok ok so when i said zip, i didnt mean literally just ZIP by her.. but dont hang around behind, let her know your there and then pass.. Before she knows your there meant before she has time to get nervous about it.. I shouldnt assume you know what im talkin about.. it makes an ASS out of U and ME.. :beer :bitchslap
nope...just a ass out of U.

·
Registered
994 Posts
No. You did the right thing. You can enjoy a bike ride without racing around every corner. She probably slowed down thinking to make it easier for you to pass, not realizing you didn't want to pass her. She wasn't comfortable with you behind. She let you know what she wanted. You gave her what she wanted. If life were only that simple all the time.....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, you probably did make her nervous. Yes, you did the right thing to back off, but you shouldn't have waited so long. She probably was less nervous but wondering when you'd make the pass so finally she just waived you by. I think you're over thinking it for the obvious reason.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
chsnprodigy said:
nope...just a ass out of U.
:lao

I think you did good by following slowly but you should have passed her after a few seconds, not quickly but passed nonetheless.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think you should have buzzed by her through the inside of a turn and punched her mirror off. Then you should have stopped about a half mile up the road, put your kickstand down, and started doing a chicken dance in the middle of the road. When she caught up again you should have then ran up and punched her other mirror off. Got back on your bike, spun your tire, and went home to cut yourself with razorblades.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I always give obviously newbie riders the thumbs-up. Especially the ladies, it's cool to see the ladies overcome the intimidation-factor when it comes to riding. Once they get out and do it, they wonder what all the fuss was about.

My wife rides now and wonders what exactly she was so intimidated by.

·
Registered
321 Posts
nomav6 said:
Im lucky enough to have a really fun road between me and work that a lot of ppl ride to learn the basics of riding, well I left work the other day and right after I got into the twisties I came up on a girl riding a 250 rebel, so I slowed down and by the way she was riding the bike I could tell she was just learning so I was find with taking it a little slow and backed off of her to not make her feel to nervous but the further we got down the road she seemed to have gotten worse, I couldn't tell if she was just paying to much attention to me riding behind her or if she was just getting tired, I thought about passing but I was afraid to make it worse well about 3 miles later she slows way down and waves me by to pass so I do.
Would you guys have passed her sooner? I didn't mind going a lot slower then normal because you do get to enjoy other things when you slow down even on roads that you ride almost everyday, but I didn't want to make her nervous either.
1+ :dblthumb

I would have done, and I have did the same exact thing.

And it is good to see riders like you that care about other riders.:dblthumb

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Doraf said:
I think you should have buzzed by her through the inside of a turn and punched her mirror off. Then you should have stopped about a half mile up the road, put your kickstand down, and started doing a chicken dance in the middle of the road. When she caught up again you should have then ran up and punched her other mirror off. Got back on your bike, spun your tire, and went home to cut yourself with razorblades.
:eek:nfloor

but seriously I have to wonder about threads like this. No offense, but it kind of depends on the road. Is it all twisites? Is there any safe place to pass?

I think it is cool that you are considerate of a fellow rider, but I guess whether you should have passed sooner or not depends on the situation. And as others have said...this was a girl rider? Dude, you should have flagged her down and given her tips.

·
Old school fool
1994 CB 1000
5,725 Posts
Doraf said:
That was totally funny. :lao

You did the right thing. If she was really THAT nervous, she could have pulled up and waved you by anytime.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Since you were considerate enough for her well being, I would've stopped beside her and asked if she would like some pointers! It's nice to know that people like you still exist. I'm sure you'll see her again on that road and she'll be zipping by you instead. :eek:nfloor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts