Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So debating whether I should get a scooter for getting around LA. I have to commute from Uni City to Century City, which is pretty much going from one side to the other side of LA. And some parts, it gets packed with cars so harder to lane split. I considered something like a Honda PCX150, but then considered something a little b***** like a Honda Forza. Shifting gets tedious when getting around traffic and stopping at constant traffic lights. The Ninja 650 is fun on b***** roads with less traffic lights or freeway riding. But when trying to squeeze between cars and inching along, it's cumbersome to constantly shift back in to Neutral and balance a heavy bike. I felt if I had a scooter in tight spots, it would be a little easier since it lighter and has a b***** turning radius in smaller spaces. But so far I only drive my bike because you have more options to not pay for parking and it's easier to get to places faster.

But are scooters good for passengers because I am constantly taking a passenger on my bike. So just wondering if having a 650cc bike is better than something smaller.

Or if any of you guys ride in LA, which roads are have b***** gaps for motorcycles to get through cars? I don't know if I should listen to my phone GPS because I just go on the whim and turn at random times depending how the traffic lights are working. Like if I can take a right and the traffic light turns red, I'll take a right so I'm still moving instead of waiting.

Should I just stick to the sport bike or are there people out there who have a sport bike and a scooter? I have the money for it, but then I live in an apt so having two bikes is kind of a hassle and a waste of money if I decide to ride one more than the other. Unless I can get a really good deal on a scooter I may go for it.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Didn't you already make this post a few months ago? You are slipping, I guess with all the things going on in the DPRK it is tough to keep up with all that is going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts