Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for sure I'm buying a 6R but when is the question. I know the 0% APR will expire then end of July, but what I'm wondering is how often do these promotions pop up? Either way I'm riding next season or if I get it now I don't mind riding it this season. I was planning on originally buying it during the winter from somewhere and have it shipped, hoping the price will drop down a little and to see if the '06 models come out in black.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
112 Posts
the 06 colors are out already... buy now and get riding. its what i did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vampyre said:
the 06 colors are out already... buy now and get riding. its what i did.
Oh no! I can't visit their site for some reason, can you give me the list of the colors please? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Have you read the stickies in the New Riders forum about why starting on a 600cc is potentially a bad idea? This is your first bike right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nig said:
Have you read the stickies in the New Riders forum about why starting on a 600cc is potentially a bad idea? This is your first bike right?
This isn't my first bike, it will be my first 636 bike though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Colors: Lime Green / Flat Stoic Black, Metallic Raw Titanium / Flat Stoic Black, Candy Plasma Blue / Flat Stoic Black, Pearl Magma Red / Flat Stoic Black

basically, the same colors as the 05s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vampyre said:
Colors: Lime Green / Flat Stoic Black, Metallic Raw Titanium / Flat Stoic Black, Candy Plasma Blue / Flat Stoic Black, Pearl Magma Red / Flat Stoic Black

basically, the same colors as the 05s.
Where did you get your sources from? I'm pretty damn sure that's exactly what the '05 are and not saying you did but could've mistaking the 2005 as 2006. Why can't they be like Yamaha and make a limited model with black...just like the R6.

·
Registered
112 Posts
that came from Kawis website.
the 2005 ninja 500r came in candy thunder blue and flat black. now it comes in some green and red color for 06.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was never able to find colors or any info on the ZX-6R 2006 models yet. Even the dealers have no idea. I know that some bikes have been updated with the 2006 info but no all.

·
Registered
705 Posts
this is just my .02 but depending on what kind of insurance your gonna have should be part of your decision. In PA if your financing a bike you HAVE to have full coverage... mine would be just under 300 a month on a 6r but if you own the bike you can choose your coverage. (in other words you could then select your amount of coverage all the way to minimum if you choose.) minimum coverage on a 6r for me is 35 a month. So if your gonna be buying a bike through financing, but you don't want full coverage, the best thing (well maybe not best but) to do is to take out a loan with your bank (search around and find a low apr, small banks around me are offering as low as 4%!) and pay off your bike using that, then get minimal coverage. it'll save you money... if you dont want full coverage!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot about that, my friend with the R6 still has payments on it through Yamaha and doesn't need full coverage but I think he said that Yamaha and some other brand (Suzuki maybe?) doesn't have to have full coverage. But yea, I'll probably end off getting a loan from my bank or something. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts